Issues in submitting forms: "failed to execute 'transaction' on 'idbdatabase' kobotoolbox"

Has anyone came across this error?
A few of my respondents faced this issue while submitting a form through Enketo.
I’m using the account by KoBoToolbox (not by OCHA). Thanks for your help!

Hi @ykat,

Welcome to the community! Would you mind trying the following and see if it helps to sort out the issue:

• Update your browser
  • Try using chrome

Please let us know if the issue still persists!

HAVE a GREAT DAY!

1 Like

Thanks so much for you reply! I’ll try it!!

1 Like

May I lose the data gathered if doing so?

Hi Felipe,
Could you provide more information around your issue. I see it have been six months since an issue was posted around this topic. Kindly update as much information as possible to see how best we can help you.

Stephane

Thanks @stephanealoo this pop up. And the enuemrator is worry about loosing the data gathered at the moment. Would you please let me know if I update the browser the Enumerator could lost the data?

Hi
Could you confirm something:

1. Which browser is the enumerator using?
  2. Which is the operating system?
  3. Which device is being used for data collection?

As it is this is not a system problem on our end but rather an java issue on your end. which could be a result of large form or computation not supported by some browsers, OS or device. Can you confirm also the size of the form i.e. number of questions or complex calculations.

Stephane

Stephane

Hi @stephanealoo

She said is using: 1. Google Chrome; 2. Windows 10; 3. laptop asus

There are 88 questions

Thanks

Hi Felipe,
Could you please send me a link to the form so that I try it. Kindly note you can send this using a private message.

Stephane

1 Like

Hi @stephanealoo

Hope you are doing well. This is a different thing.

We updated the form this morning and one enumerator has collected data through the web form vesion, but she didnot submited the forms so, they appeared on the Queue Records Pane. Then she launched the newest form and she lost the record that were before available. It is possible to get those records back to be submited?

Thanks!

Hi Felipe,
From what you are indicating this seems to be that the data upload was disrupted by the reload before the submission was made.

Stephane

1 Like