KoBo Custom Report Transition bug?

Hi @Kal_Lam, I realize you always reply to support posts but I wanted to send this to you as a message seeing as it is not an issue, just a weird effect I found.

When reviewing the “Reports” section of one of our projects, then scrolling down the first question; the bar graph (or any graph) starts shrinking in a weird way. This effect does not happen when I am on maximum size window (Chrome) or when I am “Inspecting Element” to find its class “chartjs-render-monitor”.
The animation itself moves slowly but flawlessly (0.001 s), but I would imagine some users might face the issue when trying to report the findings by having the word document in front of the Kobo Reports page and scrolling down.

I believe it is a Javascript transition effect with no boundaries or limit, JS is not my forte so I don’t know if this can be ‘limited’ or prevented somehow, I tried to make a gif to show what I mean:
Kobo Report Transition

I thought I would inform you guys about this, I’m honestly not sure if it is on my end, but I have Javascript updated with all dependencies as I use my laptop most of the time.

To replicate this issue, go to the Reports page of any project with a graph, scroll down while you are not on maximum size window on Chrome.

I hope all your teams are safe and thank you all for your hard work,

Best regards,
Karem

Hi @Karem,

Thank you for flagging this out in the community! We really appreciate your suggestions, comments and feedback so that we are able to make the suite a better one. Kindly please be informed that i have made your post public so that our community could also add on to this post if they have faced a similar behavior at their end.

In the mean time, would you mind letting us know if you see the same effect while using other browsers viz. Firefox, Edge etc. Additionally, do you see the same effect while login to your user account through a different device (PC).

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi @Kal_Lam, no problem at all.
I tried it with Edge and this bug does not occur - I believe it happens on Chrome only although my Chrome is up to date.
I also cannot see it when logging in through a phone (desktop preview),
Also I do not have a PC or Firefox installed so I cannot test it there.

Have a lovely day!

1 Like

Hi @Karem,

Thank you for providing an update on this. However, let’s see if we have any other users reporting the same through the forum.

Besides, one more advise; would you mind uninstalling the chrome that you have and try reinstalling a fresh one and see if the issue persists. Maybe it should solve your issue as i assume it’s a browser’s issue coz the same does not prevail when you try with a different browser.

Have a great day!

1 Like