[KoBo Users] displayed form title in Enketo?

Hi Che,
Thanks for pointing out this issue. It seems that somehow the title is ignored when you deployed the form as a new project. We’ll have this fixed shortly!

Note that you can edit the project title easily though, just click on the title and type in the new descriptive name of your project.

Best,

Tino

···

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 4:07 PM, Che Geiser cheg...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

I’ve created a form in KoBoToolbox and deployed it to a project. When I view this form as an enketo web form the title displayed is not what I set as the ‘form_title’ on the settings tab in the xls file, but is instead the id_string or the xls filename. I’ve not been able to upload and use a file if the id_string has spaces in it which doesn’t make it ideal for titling a form.

Can you describe the best method for giving a form a title that does have spaces in it? Something like: “Columbia Inspection” instead of “Columbia_Inspection”.

What is also weird is that the preview on the form creation page shows the title I have entered in the settings ‘form_title’ field, but the id_string shows up when I actually deploy the form.

Thank you,
Che

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Thank you Tino!

Hi,

I wanted to bump this topic again and ask if there is a way to modify a title after a form has been deployed. It seems as if this original bug has been fixed: titles are set correctly by the form_title field in XLSForm settings when originally uploaded.

But it seems that, after a form is deployed, that the title cannot be updated or changed even after redeploying either by modifying the title in the form builder or by uploading an updated XLSForm. Everything else updates nicely, but it would be helpful if the title would update for version controlling.

Best,

Jonathan

···

On Friday, April 1, 2016 at 1:40:51 PM UTC-4, Che Geiser wrote:

Thank you Tino!

I also believe I am seeing this issue.

···

On Monday, February 6, 2017 at 1:30:38 PM UTC-8, jos…@mail.harvard.edu wrote:

Hi,

I wanted to bump this topic again and ask if there is a way to modify a title after a form has been deployed. It seems as if this original bug has been fixed: titles are set correctly by the form_title field in XLSForm settings when originally uploaded.

But it seems that, after a form is deployed, that the title cannot be updated or changed even after redeploying either by modifying the title in the form builder or by uploading an updated XLSForm. Everything else updates nicely, but it would be helpful if the title would update for version controlling.

Best,

Jonathan

On Friday, April 1, 2016 at 1:40:51 PM UTC-4, Che Geiser wrote:

Thank you Tino!

Hello,
Indeed the form title can be changed in KoboToolbox and stays changed. However, when pulling the data with an API into PowerBI, the old (original?) name still remains.
Is there any way for the change of name to be updated as well in other platforms?
Thanks,
Laurène