KoBoCollect adds 2nd newline in Labels after a Ctrl+Enter newline (XLSForm), e.g. in Notes, Text labels (and Choices)
It works well in Preview/Enketo (except for choices, see below).
Steps to Reproduce
See attached example: NewLineDoubledKoBoCollect.xlsx (12.3 KB)
- Import XLSForm & deploy
- Try with KoBoCollect (Android smartphone)
- Compare with Preview/Enketo.
No such hidden treatment of texts and labels should be done. Or at least be documented in support article and made controllable by the user.
Like also the trimming of leading and trailing blanks and “normalising of (multiple) blanks” in labels and in entry fields., (Optimising layout should stay under control of the designer.)
For each XLSForm newline (Ctrl-Enter in Excel) a second newline is added by KoBoCollect.
In Preview/EnketoIt’s ok for labels and texts, except for choices (where the newlines are changed to blanks):
OCHA Server XLSFom Windows 10). Android 5.0, SM-N900
Two Support questions, please:
- Is there any doumentation what label treatment is automatically done in KoBoCollect/KoBoToolbox?
- How can we control that we only get ONE newline in KoBoCollect.
- Which of these elements are depending on the Android vers ion?