Kobocollect no such file or directory

I am not able to use Kobocollect.

I have used ODK with no problem and Kobo as well in the past om this phone in the same configuration.

I am getting a “No such file or directory” error when attempting to download forms that include media, and when trying to open forms on my phone. Any clues?

Have more than 30gb of available space on phone currently.

Form open error screenshot

Hi @bushidoenator
Do you mind uninstalling KoboCollect and ODK from your phone and installing them afresh and see if this resolves this. Kindly do not do this if you have data that you have not yet submitted. Also, indicate if this problem exists with other forms.

Stephane

1 Like

Hey Stephane, I already did that with Kobo, even did a full data wipe for the app, same problem after reinstalling and inputting everything again.

The Kobo problem happens with all forms. Form with media does not download media (screenshit 1), forms without media download but error on selecting in fill blank (screenshot 2). ODK works with no issues.

Ill try reinstalling both simultaneously and report back.

Thanks skipper!

1 Like

Could you help with the following:

1. What version of KoBoCollect can you see?
  2. What is the make and version of the phone you are using?
  3. What is the android version you are running on on your phone?

Stephane

Hello Stephane!

I have since gotten it to work. I believe that I had previously made the mistake of having both ODK and KoBo on my phone, and when you select a blank form to fill, ODK and KoBo will both ask you what software to use to edit the form. I believe I made the mistake of selecting “always use odk” and not “just one time”, and this seems to have broken KoBo. Now that I have reinstalled ODK, I get asked about the form again and I can use both ODKcollect and KoBocollect. While my problem is fixed, I must say that it is a little bit annoying to have to select that every time.

Regardless, in case it is useful to you, I answer your above questions:

KoBoCollect is ver 1.25.1
Phone is Pocophone F1
Android is Resurrection Remix 7.0.2 (Android 9)

Thank you for your time!

1 Like

Hi @bushidoenator
Thank you for providing the feedback. It is important to note the following based on what you did

Unfortunately on your frustration, if you do not want to go through this selection process, you must choose and stick to one of them

Stephane

1 Like