Kobotoolbox & Google sheet Sync

I was freezing on step 5 as well, but after deleting all of my unused forms until I got down to 2 or 3, I was able to select my desired form.

···

On Saturday, August 13, 2016 at 5:58:20 PM UTC-4, Tino Kreutzer wrote:

Hi,
There’s a small script for that, which just uses our API and GoogleSpreadsheets code. See https://github.com/kobotoolbox/kobocat-googleapps-scripts

Tino

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 12:50 PM ti saigon tis...@gmail.com wrote:

Dear friends,
i want to sync data from Kobotoolbox to Google sheet.

Do you have tool or addon do it?

Thank you much

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to kobo...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Dear All,

I tested Kobotoolbox sync with google sheet and it was worked, but Manually,

I mean((You must click on the Kobotoolbox button and then click on the entry then “Select the survey(s) to import” then choose “Import data into which sheet?” finally “Import survey data” for update the data from Kobo to excel sheet)).

But, I need automatically, do you have any ways

Dear Ahmed,
I am glad that the Kobo-GSheet synch is working on your side. It is also working for me.

You can easily set up some automated time based triggers on any Google script. I have set up mine to update every 5 minutes.

Please follow this link which describes it well:

I hope this helps!

Pierre

···

Le lundi 28 août 2017 12:06:59 UTC+2, Ahmed Hassan a écrit :

Dear All,

I mean((You must click on the Kobotoolbox button and then click on the entry then “Select the survey(s) to import” then choose “Import data into which sheet?” finally “Import survey data” for update the data from Kobo to excel sheet)).

1 Like

Hello Pierre,

I try it, but I don’t know how to chose the forms form kobo to update the data to sheet,
for Example , I have form from Kobo the name is : Assessment GB and I have other, in google sheet I have Assessment_GB_2017 with other sheet , so, How I can automatically update the data from Assessment GB to Assessment_GB_2017.

please see the attache

Best,
Ahmed

···

On Monday, August 28, 2017 at 4:15:16 PM UTC+3, Pierre Grandidier wrote:

Dear Ahmed,
I am glad that the Kobo-GSheet synch is working on your side. It is also working for me.

You can easily set up some automated time based triggers on any Google script. I have set up mine to update every 5 minutes.

https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-periodically-run-a-Google-Script-on-a-Spreadsheet

I hope this helps!

Pierre

Dear All,

Thank you Pierre very much,
it is good way to make automatically

Thanks Pierre, your script works great!

The only issue I’ve found is when the Kobo form contains repeated groups of questions. In this case, only the first group of responses for each individual record gets imported into the Google Sheet like this:

When I export the XLS file from the Kobo website, however, each group is given its own tab. Do you think it could be possible to replicate this in the Google Sheets script as well?

Thanks again!

Peter

···

On Monday, August 28, 2017 at 10:15:16 AM UTC-3, Pierre Grandidier wrote:

Dear Ahmed,

https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-periodically-run-a-Google-Script-on-a-Spreadsheet

I hope this helps!

Pierre

Dear All,

Hello,

I really apreaciate for the script in this thread,

I have a problem, all the data from Kobo show ‘undefined’ when it get imported to google spreadsheets,

If anybody know what’s wrong with this ?

thanks,

Pada Jumat, 22 September 2017 09.51.13 UTC+7, Peter Smith menulis:

···

The only issue I’ve found is when the Kobo form contains repeated groups of questions. In this case, only the first group of responses for each individual record gets imported into the Google Sheet like this:

When I export the XLS file from the Kobo website, however, each group is given its own tab. Do you think it could be possible to replicate this in the Google Sheets script as well?

Thanks again!

Peter

Dear Ahmed,

I hope this helps!

Pierre

Dear All,

Hey Tino,
I have tried following the instruction but after completing the authorization part, when I re-run the code then it shows error. I’m able to cover till 7th instruction of installation. But then the code is showing some kind of error. I’m attaching the file alongwith. Please help me.

···

Dear Pierre,

I’m using your script to import kobo data in a google sheet : everything works well, but the script doesn’t just import the new or updated data: it re-imports all the data each time and pastes them below the already downloaded data that are thus duplicated.

Could you please tell me if it’s normal (which means that I must clean the GSheet each time before importing) ?

Thanks for your answer.

Kind regards,

Serge

yes its true it doesnot update it reimport everything,i used one more script to remove duplicates so that it feels updated

···

On Tuesday, 19 June 2018 23:20:44 UTC+5:30, tghlo...@gmail.com wrote:

Dear Pierre,

I’m using your script to import kobo data in a google sheet : everything works well, but the script doesn’t just import the new or updated data: it re-imports all the data each time and pastes them below the already downloaded data that are thus duplicated.

Could you please tell me if it’s normal (which means that I must clean the GSheet each time before importing) ?

Thanks for your answer.

Kind regards,

Serge

Hi Fachrizal,

Did you find a solution to the ‘Undefined’ problem?

Thanks

···

On Tuesday, November 21, 2017 at 10:27:28 AM UTC+2, Fachrizal Sinaga wrote:

Hello,

I really apreaciate for the script in this thread,

I have a problem, all the data from Kobo show ‘undefined’ when it get imported to google spreadsheets,

If anybody know what’s wrong with this ?

thanks,

Pada Jumat, 22 September 2017 09.51.13 UTC+7, Peter Smith menulis:

Thanks again!

Peter

Dear Ahmed,

I hope this helps!

Pierre

Dear All,

Hello guys,

Any update or modified procedure on this topic?
Thanks,

When the setup is run, following error occurs " UiApp has been deprecated. Please use HtmlService instead" . Can someone with developer background edit the script to convert google app UI into html service?

1 Like

Hi @mohan_n we are currently looking for volunteers to update our Google Sheet Scripts -

2 Likes

Is it a lot of work (manhours)? can computer engineering students do this? What will the work entail? I can try look for volunteers if someone can guide them.

1 Like

Hi
My colleague @mike.destaubin would reach out to you for further discussions

Regards
Stephane

1 Like

Any news on this? It would be great to have a working solution to link kobo data with Google Sheets.

1 Like

I am using “API Connector” Google Sheets add-on to pull data from Kobo to google sheets… After a lot of search this stumbled upon a not so costly alternative (by Indian standards)
You need to know the JSON file link for your project.

Check it out.

2 Likes

Hi @mohan_n. can you please give me steps for this? I am struggling to connect my Kobo survey responses to Google sheets. I have installed the add-on, but I don’t know what to do next as I am new to this. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @eeshatariq

Have you followed teh discussions here?

Regards
Stephane