kpp fails to split nested group

Hello everyone. I’ve been scratching my head on this for a bit now.

I have a csv file produced by kobo post processor (KPP) that includes a column which failed to parse correctly into multiple columns. This particular section of my xform is a repeat loop. The data in the column is also un-delimited although checking the individual XML files, they share the same XML schema and should have split correctly. (Note: I don’t have access to all the raw data, just a few samples to work on. My understanding is that KPP can handle changes in the schema and will still work correctly.)

Can someone tell me instances where KPP will behave this way? I’d love to know a workaround for parsing these XML files correctly?

Nik

It appears to be caused by a survey that wasn’t completely filled-in and resulted in a partially different schema triggered by portions of the xform’s relevant clauses. (ie child nodes that are completely absent in others).

fyi

···

On Friday, December 21, 2012, ゴー・ニコライ wrote:

Hello everyone. I’ve been scratching my head on this for a bit now.

I have a csv file produced by kobo post processor (KPP) that includes a column which failed to parse correctly into multiple columns. This particular section of my xform is a repeat loop. The data in the column is also un-delimited although checking the individual XML files, they share the same XML schema and should have split correctly. (Note: I don’t have access to all the raw data, just a few samples to work on. My understanding is that KPP can handle changes in the schema and will still work correctly.)

Can someone tell me instances where KPP will behave this way? I’d love to know a workaround for parsing these XML files correctly?

Nik