Label appears "yes"/"YES" or "no"/"NO"

Another issue: For some partners, the form begins with a question yes/no, we didn’t have issues with that but for a couple of days its appears “yes” /“YES” or “no”/“NO” in the automatic report, instead of “yes” and “no”, and it’s the same problem when I download the data. What can I do to resolve this problem?

@CamilleCR, I have split this issue into a different topic so that we could manage the issues systematically in the community. Could you kindly share a screenshot of the same so that we could have a closer look and understand your issue?

Thank you a lot for your fast answer! That’s a good idea.
For sure I’ll show you a screenshot. We use KoBoToolbox in French so it’s written “oui” “oui” instead of “oui” “non” in the automatic report. And in the form the answers proposed are “oui” and “non”.

So you mean, the label is set of Oui for both yes and no?

Yes exactly, and I don’t know how to change that, because it’s problematic for the data analysis!

@CamilleCR, would you mind checking it first to see if your xlsform has the label coded correctly? For this you will need to download your xlsform and then go to that particular question and then check the label coding. Could you update us with the same?

Yes! I dowload it and saw that the label coding is the good one (screenshot). " oui" and “non” appear.
But my partners mostly use the automatic report, and that’s why I am a bit worried of this mistake in the automatic report. !

label coding

Could you check out both the name and label along with the question number that displays the wrong label?

Yes for sure. The question is " La porte a t-elle été ouverte?", third question after localisation point and postal code. Same in the XLS form, its appears after the metadata (start, end), the localisation and the postal code.
But I just saw something in the form, can the problem be because of the “XML value” maybe?

@CamilleCR, could you kindly share with me the following through a private message? Maybe I could have a closer look at it?

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server

@CamilleCR, you could send us private message as outlined in the post discussed previously:

Hi @CamilleCR, this could be related to the issue here:

As you pointed out, your XML values could be causing an issue. Is there a reason why the XML value for the label “Oui” is “Non”. This is likely to cause confusion during analysis (and could be confusing the auto report).

1 Like

Thank you a lot for your help. I just corrected the XML value and now it’s working well!
Have a great day and thank you again!

2 Likes