Manual activation of accounts (and related questions)

Hey there,

I have sent 2 separate emails to support@kobotoolbox.org asking for help activating a couple of accounts.

Their subjects are like this:

Please manually activate [username]

There’s two reasons I’m posting here in the forum.

1. I don’t know if sending the email is enough. The instructions on the auto-reply indicate the need to post on the forum. This is not the first time I’ve asked for help with account activation. I never know what is best, email or forum or both? I understand private details like account names and email addresses should be sent by email so I’m a little confused on what is the preferred method for contacting Kobo’s Support team (when the issue is account activation).

2. I’ve noticed the expiry time is really short. I created an account for a user and he immediately tried to activate (following the link on the email) and it failed. It was only a few minutes difference between creation and clicking. I wonder if there’s other criteria at play, like the fact that it’s different computers and even completely different countries (between me and the user). I would like to hear from others in the community. What is your experience with account confirmation / activation ?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi @IAR! I hope your accounts have already been activated! We generally give high priority to account-related issues like the one you are facing. Please confirm. If you still have account-related issues, please reach us through support@kobotoolbox.org.

I’ve informed the users and I’ve given them access to a Form as well. Let’s see how it goes. I’m going to assume everything is good. Thank you.

In the meantime I’ve shared some generic concerns with you over email (related to account confirmation / activation).

1 Like