Map View doesn't show up

Hi,

KoBoToolbox does not display the “View on Map” button for my project even though I’ve captured location data.

I’ve created a form with a geopoint field. I’ve used Enketo forms on my mobile device to capture the geopoint data and submitted the form. On the mobile device I could see that the location data was captured.

I’ve attached a couple of screen shots that show no “View on Map” button and the data set with “[object Object]” displayed in the geolocation field.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thank you,

I figured out the problem. If your geopoint is part of a repeating group it will not show up in the maps feature.

My use requires a repeat group for image and geolocation capture. So I’ve created a non-repeat group that captures that data, and the final question in that non-repeating group is ‘Do you have another image to add?’. I’ve created a second group with the repeating structure set - this contains image and geolocation fields and is set with skip logic to only show up if the answer to the ‘Do you have another image to add?’ question is ‘Yes’.

This is working quite well.

Thanks for letting us know! In the future we will try to dress this limitation…

···

I figured out the problem. If your geopoint is part of a repeating group it will not show up in the maps feature.

My use requires a repeat group for image and geolocation capture. So I’ve created a non-repeat group that captures that data, and the final question in that non-repeating group is ‘Do you have another image to add?’. I’ve created a second group with the repeating structure set - this contains image and geolocation fields and is set with skip logic to only show up if the answer to the ‘Do you have another image to add?’ question is ‘Yes’.

This is working quite well.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+unsu...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to
kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at
https://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users

For more options, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/optout