Media image is not loading in form on a self hosted KoBoToolbox server

Hello,
I have been struggling to get my form to display an image. The image should be part of a note field and appear just once,

I’ve made sure that the image names match and have tried using xlsform examples from other forums with no luck. The console shows that the “resource not found or not complete”

I’m a new user so I can’t upload the xlsform but I’ve provided some screenshots:

Form Error

Uploaded Media

xlsform that shows ‘media::image’ column in survey tab

Welcome to the community @nhelgeson! Would you mind providing the following information through a private message. I could have a closer look at your case:

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server

Note: You could share with me a private message as outlined in the post discussed previously:

Continuing the discussion from Media image is not loading in form:

Thanks for your response. I forgot to mention that we have a standalone KoBo server.

In this case would you mind trying to upload your xlsfrom and the media file to a publicly hosted KoBoToolbox server i.e. either OCHA server or the HHI server and see if the issue is seen there as well.

I created a new form with the HHI server and the image loads great: Enketo Express for KoBo Toolbox

It must be some configuration on our end then. Any ideas?

Did you solve this issue?

This is still an ongoing issue for us.

However, we can reproduce the issue if we are not signed into Kobo toolbox and attempt to edit the record. When signed in, the image loads fine when editing.

1 Like

Maybe you want to check out this solution:

1 Like

@javib94, :clap: :heart: :partying_face: