Missing forms submitted from KoBoCollect

Hi! My team have had an issue with not all sent finalised forms from the KoBoCollect Android App successfully reaching the server. This has been over good internet connection and some forms do appear successfully in the server. Can anybody help with retrieval of the missing forms? It will be very challenging for us to otherwise work out exactly which forms are missing and re-enter the data! Thank you.

Hi @priya_kevat,

Welcome to the community! Have you ensured by checking the View Sent Form from your KoBoCollect android app to see the total number of successfully submitted data. You should still have some data remaining over in the Edit Saved Form and Send Finalized Form if it’s still not been submitted from the KoBoCollect android app. If this is the case, you will need to resend them to the KoBoToolbox server. They maybe stuck there if the forms are incomplete. Try checking the completeness and try sending them again. It should solve your issue.

Have a great day!

Hi, thanks for your reply. There were no remaining forms in the “Edit Saved Forms” or “Send Finalised Form” sections. We went to View Sent Forms, selected all and sent the selection but unfortunately the total number of forms in the server did not change so there are still missing forms. Can you help to retrieve these if I give you the username for the KoboCollect account in question and the project name? Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @priya_kevat,

Did you reset your View Sent Form to zero before you started the survey. Sometimes, it happens that the android app had collected data for some other project and the counter is to a certain number say 25. You start your survey and have collected 10 data from the device and the counter has reached 35. This does not mean that you have collected 35 data for this project. In this case you should delete the 25 cases that you collected for a previous survey. I assume this is the case you are facing. Please check it out manually in your KoBoToolbox server.

Maybe this support article COLLECTING DATA WITH KOBOCOLLECT ON ANDROID should be helpful for you to reset your android app before starting your new survey so that the counter captures the collected and submitted data correctly.

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam,
This is the only project that the user has used KoboCollect for so unfortunately your suggestion is not the case. We can tell from the physical records from the cases that we have entered data for a greater number of cases than has reached the server. We would be very grateful for further help with this issue. Thank you.

Hi @priya_kevat,

Could you provide us more details on the following:

• How many enumerators are collecting data for the project?
  • How did you find out that the submissions are missing from your server?
  • Does anyone other than you/admin have access to the user account?
  • Have you shared your project data with other users?

Have a great day!

Hi,
There is only one user collecting data for the project. This user entered data for approximately 30 forms over a particular period but only 15 are registered on the server. The total number of forms that have definitely been entered is greater than the number registered on the server, which is how the missing forms were discovered. Only the user has been accessing their own account. Although there are other users that the project data is shared with, I can confirm that these users have not been involved in this process.

Hi @priya_kevat,

Would you mind sharing with us the screenshot of View Sent Form from your KoBoCollect android app.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi @priya_kevat, has this been resolved? I am experiencing a similar challenge.
@Kal_Lam, any new solution/recommendations to solve this issue?
Thanks!

Welcome to the community, @drngozi! Would you mind explaining your issue in detail so that the community should be able to help you solve your issue?

Thanks @Kal_Lam.
My form is set up to receive data from 4 field research assistants using the KoboCollect Mobile App. At intervals, I log in to the cloud/server to monitor their activities. For instance, server says the last time they submitted data was since October yet I’m certain they have been collecting data all along. I confront them to get explanation e.g. delay from data issues, instead i get this:

[PS: Temp link to delete after your download cos this project is live pls.]
Unfortunately, some submitted files have even been deleted… Pls how do I fix this and possibly retrieve old files?
Thanks!

Could you also let us know the server server you are using?

Sorry, I forgot to mention. Its the Non-Humanitarian Server

@drngozi, OK maybe wait till tomorrow to see if the data gets synced with the server. If it does not please feel free to reach us back.

Wow, had you’d take a quick look at the attached photo screen shots… Data last synced in October about 6weeks ago, why wait another day??
I’m hoping there is some solution or even hint, seeing this error has been reported before.
And more importantly, what are the options for manually retrieving data when ‘syncing’ fails?
Thanks!

@drngozi, could you share with us the following details through a private message:

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server