Missing Rating questions responses

Hi @nartabaza,

Welcome back to the community! Would you mind providing us your user name and project name through a private message so that we could have a closer look at your case.

1 Like

Hi @nartabaza,

Could you share a screenshot of the issue and highlight the question so that we could have a look at our end.

Dear @Kal_Lam and @stephanealoo,
Hope all is well. Kindly note that the problem stated above was not solved, I had to develop another project, omitting the rating questions or changing the questions form into multiple choice ones . However, if you could figure out the problem, I am still interested to know for future use. KOBO Toolbox is really great and it is appreciated by all who use it. Thanks to people beyond its developing and for those- like you- working on maintaining it and supporting users. However, such minor issues, if solved, will be really wonderful.
Regards
Fadhel

1 Like

Hi @Fadhel, cc: @nartabaza,

Have tried this at my end and i could see the custom reports for the rating question:

FYI:

First Choice:

Second Choice:

Would you mind trying it in a new dummy survey project (to see if you are able to see the same at your end).

However please note: if a question has more than 5 the custom report displayed only the top 5 choices and lumps together the rest with ....

Thank you, will do it

2 Likes

I have the same Issue with my form, did you find any solution?

Welcome to the community, @dg_ram! Could you share a screenshot of your issue so that we understand the situation you are having?

This is the form

and this is the data

and this is the excel file when I download the data

@dg_ram, could you share with me the following through a private message so that I could have a closer look at it?

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server (OCHA)

Hello,

I am facing a similar problem, I have created my survey on kobos platform, and I have sent it out to multiple pilot testers, the demographic (multiple choice questions) I get back the response, however for the rating questions, I have only gotten back responses to random questions (although the testers have answered all questions). The survey is in Arabic as well, and when I downloaded the xls for, it does not show me all responses, I can only see all the responses when I go to data and then reports and scroll down, but I wish to get them all in an excel form, please help me, thank you

@christinak85, could you share with us a screenshot of the same? The screenshot should be able to explain your issues pictorially.

would it be possible to have a zoom or skype call please? it is easier to show you in steps, so I can also understand how to do it, as my whole research depends on this survey, I would really appreciate it, I tried to private msg you but unfortunately did not know how,

Thank you so much

Hi @christinak85, can you please send me a private message with the following so I can take a look:

• server (HHI/OCHA)
  • username
  • project name
1 Like

I am not able to send you a private msg, can you send me one and i will reply, or just give me your email address please? thank you

1 Like

@christinak85, I am able to see the response. FYR:

If this is not what you are expecting, could you provide us a brief of what you had expected?

Thats correct you see those, but keep scrolling to the right, the rest are empty :frowning: and to be honest im finding it difficult to find out why, and also how to name the labels correctly, since it is in Arabic, I put the labels as translations for the Arabic questions, is that okay? I do not want to face a problem with the data analysis at a later stage

Well I also downloaded and checked your xlsform and came to know that most of your questions did not have a mandatory response. When this is optional, users may not be compelled to fill up the response which could leave the questions unanswered.

True, but this change was recent, I had the mandatory response before deploying it again and still I could not see any response, also the responses were from pilot testers that were asked to fill out all the questions, I apologise for asking many questions, but I am really desperate to make this work as my research depends on it :slight_smile: thank you for helping me, I hope you can figure out what went wrong :slight_smile: