Missing Rating questions responses

Hi @Fadhel, cc: @nartabaza,

Have tried this at my end and i could see the custom reports for the rating question:

FYI:

First Choice:

Second Choice:

Would you mind trying it in a new dummy survey project (to see if you are able to see the same at your end).

However please note: if a question has more than 5 the custom report displayed only the top 5 choices and lumps together the rest with ....

Thank you, will do it

2 Likes

I have the same Issue with my form, did you find any solution?

Welcome to the community, @dg_ram! Could you share a screenshot of your issue so that we understand the situation you are having?

This is the form

and this is the data

and this is the excel file when I download the data

@dg_ram, could you share with me the following through a private message so that I could have a closer look at it?

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server (OCHA)

Hello,

I am facing a similar problem, I have created my survey on kobos platform, and I have sent it out to multiple pilot testers, the demographic (multiple choice questions) I get back the response, however for the rating questions, I have only gotten back responses to random questions (although the testers have answered all questions). The survey is in Arabic as well, and when I downloaded the xls for, it does not show me all responses, I can only see all the responses when I go to data and then reports and scroll down, but I wish to get them all in an excel form, please help me, thank you

@christinak85, could you share with us a screenshot of the same? The screenshot should be able to explain your issues pictorially.

would it be possible to have a zoom or skype call please? it is easier to show you in steps, so I can also understand how to do it, as my whole research depends on this survey, I would really appreciate it, I tried to private msg you but unfortunately did not know how,

Thank you so much

Hi @christinak85, can you please send me a private message with the following so I can take a look:

• server (HHI/OCHA)
  • username
  • project name
1 Like

I am not able to send you a private msg, can you send me one and i will reply, or just give me your email address please? thank you

1 Like

@christinak85, I am able to see the response. FYR:

If this is not what you are expecting, could you provide us a brief of what you had expected?

Thats correct you see those, but keep scrolling to the right, the rest are empty :frowning: and to be honest im finding it difficult to find out why, and also how to name the labels correctly, since it is in Arabic, I put the labels as translations for the Arabic questions, is that okay? I do not want to face a problem with the data analysis at a later stage

Well I also downloaded and checked your xlsform and came to know that most of your questions did not have a mandatory response. When this is optional, users may not be compelled to fill up the response which could leave the questions unanswered.

True, but this change was recent, I had the mandatory response before deploying it again and still I could not see any response, also the responses were from pilot testers that were asked to fill out all the questions, I apologise for asking many questions, but I am really desperate to make this work as my research depends on it :slight_smile: thank you for helping me, I hope you can figure out what went wrong :slight_smile:

also when looking at the excel from responses, it seems that questions are repeating themselves, so my last question to the participant is providing their email address, and if you look at the data response on kobo and scroll right, you will see the questions repeated and the answers is blank

@christinak85, as a quick check would you mind downloading your survey project as an xlsform and then verify the questions to see if you should find any issues like repeated questions and mandatory questions. After ensuring try uploading as a different project and see if you should see the data comes to your server as expected.