Not able to preview! Seeing allow_choice_duplicate error message!

Hello,

i have a problem with my Kobotoolbox form. The form is around 137 questions and i have checked them all and updated them. I have tried to preview my form but this comes up:
“There does not seem to be a allow_choice_duplicates column header defined in your settings sheet. You must have set allow_choice_duplicates setting in your settings sheet to have duplicate choice list names in your choices sheet”

Yet, none of my question’s choices are duplicated within the same question opinions. (although sometimes it appeared they were when I previewed it before, in other words, the same answer would duplicate itself in the preview instead of showing all the opinions i actually put ).

Help?

Hi @toexcelsara,

Welcome to the community! Have you gone through the is post …

… it should help you solve your issue. If the issue still persists, please feel free to reach us back.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hello!
it didnt’t work! but thank you for suggesting this.
From what I understood, your solution was based on the idea of making sure there are no duplicated questions?

If so, then yes I made sure there were no duplicated questions. However, i do have a “please specify” question for when the individual chooses the “other” option on a question. Could that be seen as a duplication?

Also, now my form will not even redeploy and this is causing problems for our process.
Please help.

i also am now getting this as the error “'sw6ck96”

Hi @toexcelsara,

Would you mind sharing your xlsform with the community! The community would be able to flag it out for you.

Have a great day!

I would love to share it. But how do I do so?

Best,
Sara

1 Like

Hi @toexcelsara,

You could share the same as outlined in the image below:

Image 101

Have a great day!

On this error, kindly do the following

1. Download XLS version of your form.
  2. Search for the sw6ck96 in your survey sheet and in your choices sheet. You will notice that the sw6ck96 is not available in one of them. That should be the problem for you. Correct this in your form and it should work.

Stephane

1 Like

Thank you so much. This worked and solved that problem.

Is there a certain reason why “'sw6ck96” error happened? in other words, how do i prevent it next time?

Best,

Sara

1 Like

Hello,

i downloaded my XSL form and I’m trying to upload it but it is not working as it says new users cannot upload files. How can I solve this problem with the duplicate choices?

Best,
Sara

Hi @toexcelsara,

Glad to know that you have finally solved your issue as outlined by @stephanealoo. Hence, if the issue is solved you need not share your xlsform in the community. But kindly please be informed that i have changed the settings and you should now be able to upload files to the community!

Regarding your query:

You see this when you have a select_one sw6ck96 or a select_multiple sw6ck96 question in the survey tab of your xlsform but you do not have the choices name sw6ck96 in the choices tab. Try ensuring this in the upcoming days and you should not see this issue.

Have a great day!

Thank you!
I still cannot preview the form or see my changes as the duplicate choice problem i spoke of earlier remains.
How can I solve this?

Best,
Sara

Hi @toexcelsara,

If you are still having an issue, could you kindly please share your xlsform with the community. The community should be able to identify the duplicates present within the choices tab of you your xlsform.

Have a great day!

Hello!
That sounds perfect. But, I’m not being able to upload the file.

Best,
Sara

Hi @toexcelsara,

Sorry, but how were you able to upload the image (when you are not able to upload a file in the community)!

Have a great day!

I’m not sure. I’m assuming I was allowed to upload a image but not a file. I tried again and was unable to upload the file.

What do you advise me to do?

Hi @toexcelsara,

What is the format of the file you wish to share? You should be able to share an MS Excel File format.

Have a great day!

Hello again!
you are right. It has worked. Can you help me solve the duplicate choice issue mentioned earlier?

apA9eqBfyfiQS84ikG8tDY.xlsx (22.4 KB)

Hi @toexcelsara,

Would you mind providing the highlighted signs with a unique name such as 1, 2, 3, 4.

Also follow the same process throughout the entire document (as outlined below).

It should solve your issue.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hello,
yes thank you. I’m going to do this now. But I was wondering how do I put this back into the survey on Kobotoolbox?

Best,
Sara

EMERGENCY
I am unable to edit the excel sheet at all. How can I edit it?

Thank you so much,
Sara