One column of data missing

Yes, we are able to see the answer now as well. But the data from previous forms is gone. for that specific question.

1 Like

@Kal_Lam Yes, we are able to see the answer now as well. But the data from previous forms is gone. for that specific question.

1 Like

@alex, have you gone through our support article Recovering Data From Previous Form Versions? It should help you solve your issue.

@Kal_Lam yes I did before I wrote here, but it did not solve my problem. I already tried downloading the data with and without all previous versions.

OK, could you share with us a screenshot of the column that is missing in the download and is visible in the DATA>Table view (or vice-versa if it should be).

@Kal_Lam sure, thank you :slight_smile:

So which one is present and which one is missing? Could you also mark them so that it would be easier for us to distinguish?

Sorry I didn’t specify.
The blank E column is the column which should have data, but the entire column is blank. It is a question (phone number question) and enumerators have entered data under this question but no data is appearing.

Can you see the phone number question in the DATA>Table?

Yes we can.
For some reason we can also see 3 phone number entries out of 162

OK. Would you also mind sharing with me the following through a private message so that we could have a closer look at it:

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server

You could send me a private message as outlined in the post discussed previously:

@alex, when looking at your survey project more closely I could observe that there were a total of 19 redeployments. The 19th redeployment had the missing variable i.e. phone number in it (FYR):

But when looking at your 7th redeployment I did not see the missing variable i.e. phone number there (FYR):

So this seems to be the reason you are seeing the values missing for the said variable in your survey project.

Thank you so much Kal.
:frowning: does this mean in V7 there never was a phone number question ?
So there is no data at all right ?

1 Like

You got that correct!

But what about the data that they have entered after version 7?
The form had been redeployed and the phone number question was appearing.
So all the data is gone and can’t be retrieved ?
How do we stop this from happening again?
Is it a case of having not redeployed the form at some point ?

I checked myself too seems the question was added in September :frowning: and there cant be any data prior to that. Sorry to trouble you :frowning:

1 Like

Thank you for confirming on this!

Thank you @Kal_Lam sorry for not checking the date of the question properly and troubling you. Your kind and patient support is much appreciated :sunflower:

1 Like

@Kal_Lam sorry to bother you again but I got in touch with the partner again.
They are saying they added the question and then went back to previously entered data (from before the question was added) to fill in the newly added question. I’m assuming this is why they cant view the data, as it was filled in from a previous version ? Is they any way to retrieve this ?

@alex, maybe you could edit the submissions from the server to update the missing value. That would be much quicker for you.

1 Like