Our team keep having the same message 'Server requires authentication - invalid username or password for server etc etc

Hi Kobo toolbox team - I am having the same issue with my team trying to download forms. I have set up the forms on the humanitarian server and some of the team (e.g. username xxxxxxx) keep having the same message 'Server requires authentication - invalid username or password for server etc etc. I’m not sure why they are having this issue. Thanks for any advice you can give.

Welcome to the community, @miles_jarvis! You will need to uncheck Require authentication to see forms and submit data as outlined in our previous post:

Thanks for the reply Kal – appreciate the support and welcome :blush: . The check box you suggest below is already unchecked. In addition, several users have managed to successfully download the form, so I am at a loss why some users are not able to download…

I have checked that they are using the correct server (humanitarian) also. They have confirmed that they have verified their accounts also.

Any suggestions you have would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Miles

@miles_jarvis, could you check this at both the admin and enumerators levels to see if it’s unchecked in both accounts?

1 Like

Hi Kal Lam

It is unchecked in the enumerators account too – and they have logged onto Kobo in Chrome – the survey is not in their library. Can you advise further please?

Thank you

Mies

@miles_jarvis, did you mean the project was not shared with them and is not displayed in their dashboard?

By the way, could you also share a screenshot of the error message your team is getting? This should help us understand your issue pictorially.

HI Kal - I hope this works - I had a message saying I could only post two messages in a post :slight_smile:

I’ve attached the relevant screenshot which I hope will work!

Thanks for your help

Best regards
Miles

@miles_jarvis, this issue should be resolved by this post discussed previously: