Piping answer does not work in Enketo

Hi Support Team,

I have a failure on piping answer. on answer list.
You can see my attachment. I already put a script ${A1_97} in the end of A2_1 & A2_2 but it didn;t work as expected. Any idea to solve this issues?

Thank you

Welcome to the community, @arif_1234! Would you mind sharing with us the section of the xlsform that has this issue?

Hi @Kal_Lam ,

Sure, with pleasure. Please review.
Thank you in advance.

Kartika Toast - Asking.xlsx (17.7 KB)

Hi @Kal_Lam,

I got the failure the piping on question B5 as well.
Please review. Thank you in advance.

@arif_1234, have you tried this with Collect android app? It should work there. FYI, please be informed that this however does not support with Enketo.

Hi @Kal_Lam ,

Thank you for your information.
Actually, I have tried with kobocollect but after note N2 (before A2_1), I can’t continue the survey and the survey close itself. Any idea for this issues?

Thank you.

Which version of the KoBoCollect android app are you using?

@arif_1234, looking at your xlsform I see that you are trying to use the ranking feature. Maybe this post discussed previously should help you solve your issue:

Hi @Kal_Lam ,

I use KoboCollect v1.30,1, is the any issues with this version?

Sure, I want to rank the selected answer from previous question including from piping answer but the piping doesn’t work. I think the problem is on the piping answer that’s why I can’t continue the survey and the survey close itself.

Thank you.

Yes, you got that correct! At the moment it seems that ranking does not support piping choices.

I have tried to skip question A1 & A2, then continue into section B. If I selected “others” in B1 or B2 the we can’t continue to question B5 so the survey close by itself after B4.

I hope there is any idea to solve this issue.
Thank you.

Try removing the piping and then follow the instructions that i have shared above (previous post). It should solve your issue.

Hi @Kal_Lam ,

Sorry, removing the piping is not the solution. We need to keep the piping.
I have followed your guide but it didn’t work well.
Thank you.

Sorry to inform you that this feature is not available in the system.

No problem, thank you for your support, really appreciate.

1 Like