Pre-Populated File

Hi Team,

Greetings of the day!

This is regarding prepopulated files(Vedio, Audio, PDF). We need a default files(Vedio, Audio, PDF) to be displayed when the form opens. The user should not be able to access the files, should be read-only format.

Could you please respond to this as soon as possible.

Regards
Keerthi

Hi @keerthi
Just to be sure that your issue is clear, could you provide detailed example of what you really want to achieve. A logical flow would be helpful in this case.

Regards,
S. Aloo

Hi,

Thanks for the responds,

Example:
To pre-populate image we will use “media::image” and please find the below screenshot for your reference.

And in this same way instead of pre-populating the image we need to show video, audio, PDF files and URL links.

Reagrds
Keerthi

Hi Keerthi,
We have the following explained within the following article

You should be able to add a column for the other media type i.e. media::audio media::video

On the issue of PDF and URL, I suggest you look here even though I have not tested this myself.

1 Like

Hi,

We have tried in the same process which you have provided for Video, Image,Audio. but it is working fine for Image and Audio, it is not working for Video (unable to upload the video)
Please find the below screenshot for your reference.

Regards
Keerthi

Hi
Could you put the video on the label itself?

Stephane

Yes, tried it but the label coloumn itself says that it just displays what we give in the Excel sheet.

How come the video will play, could ypu please explain briefly?

Regards
Keerthi

Hi @keerthi, @adepuk,

Users should now be able to use the video file in KoBoToolbox: