Problem in deploying the form

It says unable to deploy because of error. No JSON object could be decoded.

Hi
Could you provide more information to help us better understand your problem:

1. Which server are you working from?
  2. Had you been able to successfully deploy other projects?
  3. How did you create your form? XLS or formbuilder? If XLS please share the same XLS form (if it does not have sensitive information)
  4. Can you share any screenshots you have?

In the meantime, this also seems to be an issue with your XLS form if you had uploaded the form via XLS. Ensure that this form has no errors.

Stephane

Stephane

I am able to deploy previous project sucessfully. But, this time is shows error. I had made form through formbuilder. This is the link https://kf.kobotoolbox.org/#/forms/a2J2mk6SeKx8hXirUqhZRB/landing

Greetings of the Day,
I have problem with deploying the project. I made questionnaire from formbuilder. I deployed previous projects successfully.

This is the snapshot displayed. Looking for suggestions.

Hi @wagleshiva,

I found some duplicate variable names in the form and some unlabeled questions for the group questions. I have fixed them and was able to deploy your survey as a clone one. Please use the project Clone of DISASTER RISK MANAGEMENT CAPABILITY OF SUB-METROPOLITAN CITY LOCAL GOVERNMENT which has been deployed successfully.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Thank you Very Much and grateful for your help. I believe I can edit that clone.
Once again thank you for your help.

1 Like

Hi @wagleshiva,

You should be able to edit the clone survey project. But after editing, don’t forget to redeploy it!

Have a great day!

Hi,

I want to know, what is the rationale behind giving value(1…5) to answers in multiple choice question. Does it has any difference in analyses of data?
Thank you.

Hi @wagleshiva,

It’s not necessary to provide the value label starting from 1, 2, 3 … you could provide anything that you feel is distinct from the others. Besides, it is something that would make you comfortable. You could also use a, b, c …

Have a great day!

Hi @wagleshiva

Normally the definition of data values is actually dependent on the analysis need you have. I think you should defer to your use to determine how to allocate the values and what the values would mean for the data you are collecting. I would suggest you consult your own statistician on their intended use and how they define the different variables and hence questions.

Stephane

1 Like