Problem sharing form and getting in kobocollect

Hey, I’m having some issues seeing some forms in kobocollect

I have two users, 1 form administrator and the other just for entry data, seeing registers and seeing the form

When I open the app and set all the configuration, the app only get a few forms (old forms that have the same permission) but not the new ones

Anyone knows how to solve this? Thanks

Hi @juan.techo,

Could you be kind enough to first share how you created these users. Having looked at your process could help figure out the problem. Would also appreciate if you could provide the screenshot (or maybe the photo) of the error message that you see.

This is the image where I share the project with one of the user:

These are all the forms that are share (or belong) to the same user.

Finally, this photo is from KoboCollect. As I said, after setting the configuration, the form of the first image doesn’t show in the app. I’ve trying lot of things, like giving full permissions to the user, and deploying again, but none of them have worked yet

Did you resolve this? Could you please share the solution? I’m having similar problems.

1 Like

Hi @juan.techo @keshet

You could get the forms that has been shared (e.g. you shared a survey form from Account_A to Account_B). For this please follow the steps as mentioned below:

• Under General Settings in the URL field enter https://kc.kobotoolbox.org or https://kc.humanitarianresponse.info as applicable (don’t include the username)
  • Then enter the username and password for the user who will use the handset (e.g. Account_B).
  • Select Get Blank Form and you should now get the blank form from Account_B shared from Account_A.

For more on sharing, please see the support article Managing Permissions.

The last point does not work.

When I select “Get Blank Form” in Account_B, I don’t see form from Account_A even if I share all access I only see form that was created in Account B.

Hi @francislessard,

Welcome to the community! Please also see the community discussion with a similar issue. Maybe blending the information mentioned would help you solve out your problem.

For details you could also have a look over to the support article Managing Permissions which would further help you better understand on how to share projects.

Ok.

But I use the same server (kobotoolbox.org) and even if I share all Account_A’s access one by one to Account_B ( View Form , Edit Form , View Submissions , Add Submissions , Edit Submissions , Validate Submissions) I don’t see form from Account_A when i’m in the Account_B. The only thing that I see in Account_B is form that was created in Account_B.

Hi @francislessard,

Could you kindly share the screenshot of the URL setting (KoBoCollect>General Settings>Server) from your KoBoCollect.

In my first account « francislessard »

image002.png

I give all access to my second account « francislessard2 »

image007.png

On my computer in my account francislessard2, I see the form from account francislessard

image011.png

But with KoBoCollect I don’t see form from account francislessard when I’m in the account francislessard2 even if I share all access. The only thing that I see in account francislessard2 is form that was created in account francislessard2

May I have an answer please? Many people wait for this.

Thank you!

Hi @francislessard,

Would you mind checking it now. It should work, I checked it form my side. The only thing I did here was firstly removed all the permission (that you shared with Suivi de la nidification et de la productivité du Faucon pèlerin) and then reassigned them. It worked after the permissions was reassigned. Please see the image below as reference:

1 Like

It works! Thank you!

2 Likes