Pull data then over-write data

Hi all,
i have suvery of 2000 families already exsisted, i used pull data to retrive my data. my question is how to edite those availble data, how to overwrite on available data?
for example the family size were 7 person, now is changed to 8?
thank you for yout support!

Best

Hi @123456,

Welcome to the community! Would you mind making your issue a bit more clear. Sorry but it seems a bit unclear. We would love to support you if it’s possible in KoBoToolbox.

Have a great day!

Thank you dear,
My question is how to change pre_loaded data in the KOBO, i dont want to conduct an assessment from skratch.
My assessment contain families informations and each family has its own unique number, how can i use search function and update on exsisting assessment?
I hope you understand my question !

Hi @123456,

For this you will have to create a csv file for the data that you wish to use it to another form and then design a survey project using the pulldata function. Please have a look at our support article here for details on how to design a pulldata function in your survey form.

You could also have a look to some of the workaround discussed in the community forum here.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Qu.xlsx (24.1 KB)

Dears,
I have designed this attached assessment already, i faced difficulity to use pulldata() function in the sheet because some of the cell TYPE were calulcation and were conataincertation function in the calucarion feilds(yellow color).
the firts quesion how can i use two functions in the calcualtion field? both yellow and green in the same cell?
second question is pull data fucntion working with all question types like text,ineteger,calucate,date?
Need your help please !
the excel sheet is attached
Best

Hi @123456,

Would you mind having a look again with the support article and the workarounds shared previously. It should give you a clue that pulldata is a function that helps you pull the information (values from a specific variable) from an external file (in CSV format, that you load to your survey project) while collecting data.

Please reach us back if you still face an issue with using the function.

Have a great day!

Dear Kam,

I have almost complted my project, i have quick question about this attached picture.
how can i add pull data function to the calucaltion column it is aleady taken by another formulas!
Shall i use (&) this veriable or how?

Hi @123456,

The pulldata is a function which helps you pull a value from an external csv file. So why would you like to clash a value obtained from pulldata with the other calculated values?

Have a great day!

Hi Kal,
The porpuse behind it i want to change the values that i get via pull data function,
the idea is not only pull data, its pull from CSV file and change(overwrite) on the exsisting values.
in that case pull data is working with text. data type and not working with calculatte data type because it may contain formula.

To be more obvious: My staff collected all information type (text.,inte.calcualte,GPS) now the age of the some benefeciary are changed, i am obliged to pull and change the value of age.that is why i need use pull data function in the calucation column.
i hope you understand my point.
Do let me know if you need to see my XLS,CSV files.
Best

Hi @123456,

As a workaround why would you not simply add an additional variable something like updated_age and pull the data from a csv file. Hope this works!

Have a great day!

1 Like