Pull in last saved record?

Hi! I’m looking at this documentation for ODK: Form Logic — ODK Docs

It says it’s a new feature added in Collect v1.21.0. Form conversion requires XLSForm Online ≥ v2.0.0 or pyxform ≥ v1.0.0.

I’m wondering if this is a feature yet available in Kobotoolbox? I’ve just done some experimenting but can’t get it functioning…

Thanks!
Janna

Hi @janna,

Unfortunately, this feature is still not available with KoBoToolbox at the moment. It will be updated soon. Will let you know once this feature is live.

1 Like

Thanks @Kal_Lam!

1 Like

Hi @Kal_Lam - any idea when this feature (support for ${last-saved} defaults) might be available in KoBo Toolbox / Collect?
Also, if I use this syntax in the XLSForm then upload and deploy the form using KoBoToolbox and fill it in using ODK Collect - should this work? As far as I understand the ODK Collect supports this syntax. If deploying via KoBo, would this be preserved?

Hi @janekb. I’m also using ODK Collect with KoboToolbox, and for me this syntax is not working/preserved.

1 Like

Hi @janekb,

Don’t have an exact timeline for this feature. But will let you know once it’s available with KoBoToolbox.

OK, thanks @Kal_Lam!

1 Like

Hi @janna, thanks for your feedback. Same for me - looks like we need to wait for this to be implemented in KoBo. Fingers crossed it will be available soon!

@Kal_Lam - would it make sense for us to submit this as a suggestion so people can vote?

1 Like

Hi @janekb,

If you wish you could but please be informed that it’s already a work on progress.

@janna, @janekb, with the upgrade of pyxform, KoBoToolbox now supports the last-saved feature. For those members who do not know how to design an xlsform, you could do it as outlined in the image shared below:

In the survey tab of your xlsform:

Image 1

Reference xlsform:

Last Saved.xlsx (10.0 KB)

Note: This feature at the moment is only supported through the Collect android app. The Enketo still does not support this.

For other new updates, available in KoBoToolbox, please feel free to have a look at our release note:

3 Likes