Pulldata function - File not found error when

Please help. I have started developing a form for which I’m trying to use the PullData function and despite uploading the file in Settings>Media, I’m unable to fetch/call/pull the data as the system message shows file not found. I checked and rechecked everything, but unable to find a solution.

I used similar method last month to create forms and they worked. This time, the error message shows that the file is not available. Similar to this : Cannot find CSV file after deploying - User Support / Form Building - KoboToolbox Community Forum

1 Like

I have a similar problem. I have uploaded the file in Settings>Media. The system says ‘.csv’ file not found.

Pulldata function - File not found error when - User Support - KoboToolbox Community Forum I have uploaded my excel screen also here. Please do let me know how to solve this.

my username is xxxxxxx
link to my project is KoboToolbox

Please help resolve this.

Welcome to the community, @uvaddi! Could you kindly share with the community a screenshot of your issue so that the community could understand it pictorially?

This is the error message which I receive when I try to preview the file. As you can see from the images attached, I have the file uploaded and the referencing is correct in the xls sheet. Despite this, the error message persists. The system is unable to call the uploaded file.

@uvaddi, would you mind share with the community the relevant part of your XLSForm and a sample of the CSV file so that we could check it out and help you troubleshoot.

Hi, Thanks for the prompt reply. I have uploaded the xlsform (excel screenshot). Please find the screenshot of the csv file for kind perusal:

The screenshot of the xlsform again for perusal:

@uvaddi, we will need the XLSForm and the CSV file. Not just a screenshot.

Please find the attached files for kind perusal
NBalance_MH_V1.0_Cotton_2023-24_uv.xlsx (9.7 KB)
dataset2223.csv (172 Bytes)

@uvaddi, the issue seems to be in pulldata function. Check out row 12 and 13:

You have tried to pull mobile and land_owned from the CSV file but your CSV file does not have those data.

Hello,

Let me have a look and get back to you

Regards
George

1 Like

No, I have hidden those records in the screenshot and have not shared them with you as they are sensitive and cannot be shared on a public forum. Those records do exist in my file as well. just that they have not been shared with you. Apologies, I didn’t make that clear earlier.

Regards,
Udaya

Hello,

Look forward to a solution,

Thanks & Regards,
Udaya

Folks, any update on how to resolve this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I face the same problem …
I tried the two function - pulldata and - instance
with a very simple csv file named Nom_Coop
ID_PROD,NOM_PRENOM
1,KOFFI BROU JEAN CLAUDE
2,KOUADIO KACOU RAYMOND

Le fichier xls contient notamment les champ suivants

|integer|ID_PROD|
|text|NOM_PRENOM|

dans la colonne calculation je rentre pour le champ NOM_PRENOM la formule suivante

instance(’Nom_Coop’)/root/item[‘ID_PROD’= ${‘ID_PROD’}]/‘NOM_PRENOM’

message d’échec pour déployer:

incapable de déployer
Votre formulaire ne peut pas être affiché, car il contient des erreurs :

Unexpected KoBoCAT error 400: b’{“detail”:“There has been a problem trying to replace ${'ID_PROD'} with the XPath to the survey element named ''ID_PROD''. There is no survey element with this name.”}’

with pulldata

pulldata (’Nom_Coop’,’NOM_PRENOM’,’ID_PROD’,${’ID_PROD’})

Erreur

incapable de déployer

Votre formulaire ne peut pas être affiché, car il contient des erreurs :

Unexpected KoBoCAT error 400: b’{“detail”:“There has been a problem trying to replace ${'ID_PROD'} with the XPath to the survey element named ''ID_PROD''. There is no survey element with this name.”}’

Have you tried redeploying the form (even if there are no changes to it) right after uploading the pulldata media file?

@uvaddi, if you are still having issues with this, could you please share with us the XLSForm that has the pulldata funcation and the CSV file that has all the column header but dummy responses for testing? So with this the community could help you out.

Dear Kal_Lam,

I am facing the same issue when I am trying to upload the form, I am getting error that the csv file is not found.

Here we go screen shots from CSV and Xlsx.form

And this screen shot from the CSV file