QR question won't work - help please!

Hi @gmarie,

You should now be able to upload your xlsform.

aikjLtZBz8WnQfSE8DtcM5.xls (18.5 KB)

Thank you very much!

Hi @gmarie,

Could you state which question are missing from your survey form while deploying?

Hi

I get questions 1-5, and am able t enter information etc, including QR code now! But the rest of the questions around find category and photos don’t come up. Those questions are all currently grouped so I expect that may be something to do with the problem - maybe???

In this case I could probably un-group them without it being a problem, but in other future forms that might not be much of an option so I’d rather find a solution that works with groups - or understand what I’ve done wrong in order to not have the problem next time.

Thank you

blocked.gif

Hi
Your form works perfectly well when I tested it. I however have a logic on how you created the photos within a repeat group inside the main repeat group. Your question seems to indicate that someone should take no more than three photos and you provided for three image questions. You still go ahead and set that to repeat. Is that the logic you had needed? This is not the issue with the form though

Regards

Stephane

Hi Stephane

I’ve attached a screenshot of what I get when I try to use the form via KoboCollect on my Samsung S2 tablet. As stated earlier, I usually download the forms directly from KoboToolbox and save them onto my tablet home-screen, accessing them offline that way. In this case the QR reading question wouldn’t work doing that, but accessing the form via KoboCollect as suggested by kaylam has resolved that problem. Unfortunately - on my tablet at least I cannot seem to get beyond the screen as attached. The little down arrow button that has moved me between questions does nothing past the ‘sample no.’ question.

Regarding your other question - this is just a prototype and I’m trying to devise the most efficient way to collect data - taking our old handwritten forms and catalogs and re-imagining them into the digi-verse! In this case I think I was anticipating that there might be multiple materials or items of note in a single bag and I wanted a way to loop the whole finds/photo section of the form to allow that. However, as I hadn’t been able to get that far in the prototype testing yet I hadn’t seen how it would work - or not - in the real world. I’m really just trying things out on this form while I work out what I actually need and how best to achieve that - QR codes definitely need exploring which was my primary motivation in setting it up!

Thank you all for your help - I’m sure we are getting closer to figuring it out!

Thanks

blocked.gif

Hi

I have attached two more forms. As indicated in the file names, one of them the photo questions work fie, the other the photo questions appear to be ‘missing’ when the form is accessed via Kobocollect… So I suppose that rules out any issue with the Tablet, rather it must be something in the way I have put together the forms that creates the problem… Any insights most appreciated! In the working form the photo questions pop up as expected using the little down arrow. Both forms are clones of forms I routinely use & clone, just in the past I open them on the tablet directly through Toolbox and then ‘save to homescreen’ for actual use. So while will conceded that there are possibly better ways to construct these forms… They do usually work!

Thank you

blocked.gif

Site visit photos dont work.xls (22.5 KB)

daily check photos do work.xlsx (10.6 KB)

Hi @gmarie
Just following up whether you followed what @Kal_Lam had provided. This should work for you.

Regards
Stephane