Question matrix after a save are not in order

Question matrix are not in order after a save. Trying to deploy an age group questionnaire but after a save they are not in order… Any assistance appreciated.

Sincerely

Ive

Are you able to reproduce the same error again @RKSadmin? If yes, could you kindly share with us a video of the same. This would help us document your issue.

The problem arrives after I save and deploy the form first time, and then if I want to edit any of the questions (not only the matrix form) and I open the questionnaire for editing my questions in the matrix form all go out of order.

Thank you for this! Could you also let us know if you are able to replicate this error with a fresh survey project and share with us a video of the same so that we could share the video with our developers. Apparently, we have had issues raised in the forum but have not been able to replicate it at our ends. Maybe your video would help us document the issue.

Well when making a new form and replicating the steps that were making the problems this time did not occur. I will delete the whole questionnaire and make a new one. Will try again and I will inform you shortly

1 Like

Yes, this is what it is exactly happening! It only happens once in a hundreds and we have not been able to figure out the exact possible reason for the same. Do feel free to capture the video when you happen to record by chance and share it with us. It should be helpful for our developers!

​Well making video is a problem but my work flow was this

create a matrix for question > save the form > deploy the form > open again for editing : and from this point on all my matrix questions were garbled. Will Try during the day again to document every click again if I missed something.

P.S.: Can matrix questions be added to library as I don’t have that option at question settings.

Ive Zagorc
Zunanji strokovni sodelavec
M: +386 31 802 013

1 Like

You should be able to add a matrix question to the library.

Well problem is still persisting even after I deleted the first questionnaire and started the new one.
Questions in the matrix go haywire after this step. In editor saving the matrix - looking at the preview everything OK, then exiting the editor and opening preview from main page where the questionnaire is listed (everything still ok) - entering editor again to compete the questionnaire and all the questions are immediately reordered again. No idea why is that. And I still cant find an option to add matrix questions to the library ( I only have icon for settings).

1 Like

Hi @RKSadmin,

Would you mind help us by capturing a video of the same and sharing it with us. Apparently i was unable to reproduce the issue at my end.

Video of the problem

Ive Zagorc

(Attachment IFRC vprašalnik _ KoboToolbox - Work - Microsoft​ Edge 2020-10-27 14-21-50.mp4 is missing)

Sorry, not able to view the video. Could you share it through dropbox or google drive?

Link to google drive file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zP72QPX1lJ8OCUdNTVV-A2yYOs2JuHCc/view?usp=sharing

Ive Zagorc

This is interesting! Have you tried in a different survey project (a new one)? Could you also reproduce the issue there?

Would you also mind sharing with us your username through a private message? We would like to have a look at our end too.

This is the third new one. Will try again and send you the video of a brand new one.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E2XACZzHnjwjQx4ztq6kYcUHpsE4Ht7e/view?usp=sharing

Ive Zagorc

Is this a new one?

Yes a new one.

1 Like

Do you get this jumble every time you follow the steps outlined in the video?

Every time after I go out of editing and back to editing. Problem is if I do it right the first time it works but every time some additional modifications need to be made all the matrix data gets out of order.

1 Like