Quickest way to DELETE old Instance Data for Next Survey

Hi all…
I’m here with 20 mobile devices just cleaning them up. Is there no way to delete ALL instance data from DELETE SAVED FORM---->SAVED FORMS??
I thought I could just delete the data in the instance folder, but it still shows up in SAVED FORMS. Arghh!! :slight_smile:
I had assumed that a “clear data” in “Manage Applications” would’ve cleared the database. In essence, I can’t toggle to delete all saved form data. Understandable. But, what is the prescribed method to remove all data?
For now, I’m just deleting the odk folder, the pics in the Camera folder and then reinstalling Kobo Collect.

~DataMax

DataMax,

You don’t have to re-install the application, you can just delete the folder and the next time you run KoBo, it will recreate those folders. That’s a pretty quick method.

You can also use the Android Debug Bridge to delete the files using the command line, if you are comfortable with that kind of thing.

~Neil

···

On Monday, November 12, 2012 10:30:12 AM UTC-5, DataMax wrote:

Hi all…
I’m here with 20 mobile devices just cleaning them up. Is there no way to delete ALL instance data from DELETE SAVED FORM---->SAVED FORMS??
I thought I could just delete the data in the instance folder, but it still shows up in SAVED FORMS. Arghh!! :slight_smile:
I had assumed that a “clear data” in “Manage Applications” would’ve cleared the database. In essence, I can’t toggle to delete all saved form data. Understandable. But, what is the prescribed method to remove all data?
For now, I’m just deleting the odk folder, the pics in the Camera folder and then reinstalling Kobo Collect.

~DataMax