Real-time skip logic and validation criteria?

Hello everyone,

I am currently using the KoBo Collect app, and have arranged my survey so that each group of questions is listed on its own page. From my understanding, skip logic and validation criteria are only applied during page changes (I have to navigate backwards to see if there were validation errors or conditional questions on the previous page of questions).

Is there any way to have notifications about validation criteria errors or conditional questions appear in real-time as a surveyor moves from one question to the next? What do you do to overcome this possible limitation?

Thanks,
Lauren

Hi Lauren,

If you would like immediate validation feedback and skip logic reactions then your best option is a) have each question appear on a separate page in Collect, or b) use Webforms (Enketo) in a browser.

Hope this helps!

Tino

···

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 6:52 PM, Lauren lauren....@gmail.com wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am currently using the KoBo Collect app, and have arranged my survey so that each group of questions is listed on its own page. From my understanding, skip logic and validation criteria are only applied during page changes (I have to navigate backwards to see if there were validation errors or conditional questions on the previous page of questions).

Is there any way to have notifications about validation criteria errors or conditional questions appear in real-time as a surveyor moves from one question to the next? What do you do to overcome this possible limitation?

Thanks,
Lauren

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Tino Kreutzer

Program Manager KoBoToolbox

Tel +1 617 372 7051 | Skype tinokreutzer
tino.k...@kobotoolbox.org