Refuse and remove previsously shared form

Hi everyone! :slight_smile:

When somebody share you a survey you can not refuse the rights. Also, you can not revoke these rights later.

I am using KOBO Humanitarian response & ODK Collect v1.22.4.

You should be able to revoke/refuse one’s rights to a survey that has been sent by another Kobo user once we no longer need it.
This feature could be very simple as have in “More Options” the option “delete” as for our own projects.

This could be very usefull when you want to clean your KOBO Account. As example I would like to clean this one: (which have a lot of surveys).
But I can not as I have many shared projects…

This option will permit users to have a KOBO home page clearer but also on ODK Collect to avoid to look after the survey we want among several others.

I think other users are looking forward to have this option:

Thanks to note this
Chloé

Hi @chloelaborde

Thanks for this suggestion! This is something that has actually come up recently within our internal discussions. It’s a good idea and a feature that should exist.

In addition to being able to “unshare” projects shared with you, would you also prefer there to be an initial notification when an owner of a form shares a project with you to decide to accept or not?

3 Likes

Hi @mike.destaubin,

Very happy to hear about you and to know that you thought about this feature. Thank you very much for answers! :slight_smile:

Yes, I think both could be very usefull. An initial notification to be aware of the sharing and to decide what to do would be a relevant item.

Looking forward for this improvement,
& thanks again

Chloé :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @chloelaborde,

Kindly please be informed that users are now able to remove the project being shared.

Have a great day!

1 Like

can you tell me the steps please

Welcome to the community @addismul! Kindly please be informed that a user can refuse and remove the shared projects only in the following condition:

• User_A is an admin of a survey project and wishes to share the project with User_B.
  • User_A shares the same with User_B providing edit form access while sharing.

So in this case, User_B is able to remove the shared projects by simply going to the SETTINGS>Sharing and then deleting the sharing.

However, please also note that if User_A has provided other access except edit form, User_B should not be able to remove the access by himself/herself as outlined above. But please be informed that this feature is already within the radar of our developers and we already have a GitHub issue for the same (which can be followed here):

So, you should also be able to refuse or remove the survey projects by yourself even if you are not an admin or you are being shared a survey project without edit form access shortly. Will notify you on this when the feature is available with KoBoToolbox.

Hi @Kal_Lam,

Would you have any update on this GitHub issue (to remove non-owners from a Kobo project or form)? Looking forward to this valuable tool! Thanks as always!

-Marc

1 Like

Hi @mmd, this was included in the release on March 1 :slightly_smiling_face:

Note that this allows for non-owners of a form (a form has been shared with them by giving them certain permissions) to remove themselves (delete their own permissions) from the form, resulting it being removed from the list of projects in their account.

1 Like

Thank you @Josh.

I have some screenshots to illustrate my problem (I would like to un-link my account from a shared form).

In this image you will see that I have Viewing access to this Kobo form.

And here are the buttons that I can choose from to modify the form.

Should there be a “delete” button here to un-link me from this form?

Many many thanks in advance for your response.

-Marc

Hi @mmd, thanks for the screenshots. You should be able to remove the project from the list view (showing all your projects) and see this in the drop-down if you have only View form permissions:

remove shared form

Having said that, you raise a good point about that option not being available from the project’s detail view. I’ll raise that with the team.

1 Like

Hi @Josh,

Please see this screenshot of my projects List View. The “Remove Shared Form” option does not appear for the shared project.

Thanks again for checking.

Marc

Hi @mmd, I’ve just been informed that only the backend functionality is currently live and the frontend will be coming soon in the next release. This means that you can remove yourself from these projects through the API at the moment, but will have to wait until the next release for the UI.

1 Like

Thanks for checking, @Josh!
Very much appreciated the heads-up on the next release.

Cheers, Marc

2 Likes

@mmd, please be informed that non-owner users are now able to remove the shared project from their survey project. For details, please feel free to go through our announcements:

Hi @Kal_Lam, thanks for the follow-up. Indeed, the remove shared project feature is now working. After clicking the icon, the project that was shared with me in 2017 no longer appears in my project list. This will surely help a lot! Many thanks and cheers!

2 Likes