Listed below is a summary of changes made in the Enketo upgrade from version 1.77.0 to version 1.86.3. This Enketo version was deployed to https://kf.kobotoolbox.org and https://kobo.humanitarianresponse.info on 26 March 2020.
- If last element of last row of form with Grid theme is hidden, the cells of that last row are not resized properly in the print view.
- Textareas not resizing in pages mode when loading large text values on non-first pages.
jr:countdoes not work if number is provided instead of /path/to/count.
- Date calculations in readonly fields do not show a value if not loaded from record
- Text-print widget causes double URL to be shown in print view for URL widget.
- Last row of Grid Theme form may have incorrect cell heights in print view.
- Readonly month-year or year inputs show full underlying value instead of month-year/year.
/api/v2/survey/preview/iframe did not return a
- Exception occurs when first repeat is created that contains a calculation if
validateContinuouslyis set to
- Rows are not always stretching correctly when printing Grid Theme forms.
- Text-print widget is also instantiated for comment widgets, causing an issue for a customized Enketo Express application.
- If repeats are removed in pages mode, the pages get messed up.
- If repeats are added in pages mode during form load (default instances or loading existing record with multiple instances), the Next/Back buttons are not updated when they should be.
- Forms in pages mode sometimes do not show correct first page upon load (regression since 1.83.0).
- Forms in pages mode with groups or repeats without field-list appearance show empty pages (regression since 1.83.0).
- Radiobutton questions inside repeats allow multiple selections (regression since 1.83.0).
- Comment questions in a form in Pages mode without field-list appearances, add an empty page.
- Error code returned by PDF endpoint is always 500 even when a more specific helpful code is available.
- Overflowing content in text form controls is not shown on printout. WARNING: you may have to enable the new ‘text-print’ widget in config.json if you are overwriting the default widgets config.
- Annotation and draw widget on mobile devices slightly decrease image size every time a switch between fullscreen (draw) view and full form view.
- Annotation widget on mobile devices reveals keyboard when the colorpicker is clicked.
- Annotate widget broken when uploading new image.
- Forms with a
odk:generated-byattribute on the primary instance child, will always have absolute repeat node references evaluated correctly (e.g. for forms generated by pyxform 1.0.0 onwards).
- Some PDF viewers do not show radiobuttons with an opacity (e.g. a disabled radio button).
- MS Edge does not show any checkmarks in printouts of radiobuttons and checkboxes.
- PDF does not show background colours.
current()without a path, and
current()/path/to/nodewithout a step down do not work.
- Datetime picker does not load a midnight datetime value.
- Analog scale layout messed up in printout.
- New mobile datetimepicker not activated properly.
- Option labels break in middle of word instead of a space.
- Readonly native date/time/datetime picker in iOS is fully functional when it should not be (re-introduced bug in iOS13).
- Exception in geo widget (though may not have had negative consequences).
- time/datetime with time between 12:00 and 13:00 not set to PM.
- time picker in datetime shows empty value if the default value of datetime is at midnight.
- AM/PM notation broken in time/datetime picker for non-english languages.
- Readonly instance views are unnecessarily locked when called in quick succession.
- Datepicker widget causes infinite loops with certain custom extensions that update values programmatically.
- Analog scale widget layout messed up in Grid Theme on IE11.
- Likert widget label in Grid Theme overlaps widget in print view.
- Disabled analog-scale widget is still visible.
- Long words break out of cell in Grid Theme.
- Workaround for an iOS browser bug where a readonly date input is actually fully functional. WARNING: you may have to add a widget to config.json to activate, see default-config.json change
- Updated Swedish, Dutch and Spanish translations of modal dialog introduced in 1.86.2.
- Added modal dialog for offline-capable views that will assist users with a future technology transition (to Service Workers) in version 2.0.0.
- The checkbox for ‘save as draft’ in offline-capable views has been replaced with a button.
- Updated French, Spanish, Dutch, Swedish and Arabic translations.
- Don’t load audio and video files (in labels or record) for pdf views. Warning: requires server to sent proper Content-Type header upon HEAD request.
- “valuechange” event was changed to “xforms-value-changed”
odk:generated-byattribute check on the primary instance (introduced in 1.83.0), was changed to a check for
odk:xforms-versionon the model node.
- No longer trigger an inputupdate event when loading an existing itemset value.
- Added warning for IE11 users that support is dropping soon.
- Made PDF timeout configurable.
- If a predicate consists of parts that contain multiple
current()calls, the expression is not evaluated correctly (noticeable inside repeats for multiple-choice questions with complex choice filters).
- Improve Docker configuration: use Node.js base image and v3 Compose file.
- Updated Russian translation.
- Now using native datetime picker on mobile browsers.
- Updated German, Spanish and Dutch translations.
- ToC now matches ODK Collect and shows all questions hierarchically.
- Updated Russian translation.
- XPath functions
decimal-date-time()now use maximum precision instead of rounding to 3 decimals.
- Updated Swedish, Dutch and German translations.
- Show warning if select_multiple option contains spaces in value.
- Guidance hints are now displayed on screen as collapsible element.
- Improvements to print style (group header size, opacity of disabled questions, line-height in Grid Theme)
- Improved print style of select minimal widget.
- Support for setvalue action with xforms-value-changed event.
- Basic support for “thousands-sep” appearance on integer and decimal fields.
- Support for setvalue with odk-new-repeat and odk-instance-first-load events.
- Support for default drawings in all 3 drawing widgets.
- Updated Czech translation.
- Updated Slovak translation.
- Updated Spanish and French translations.
- Rating widget!
- Support for “picker” appearance on range question.
- Albanian language translation.
- Make record cache expiry time configurable.
- Support for max-pixel attribute for image uploads.
- Building IE11 bundle automatically (now requires manual
- ArcGIS Geo widget.