Repeat a group of questions based on a calculation

I’m having trouble getting a group of questions to repeat a certain number of times as determined by an earlier question. Specifically, i’d like the group of questions to repeat according to the total number of people in the household (input earlier) MINUS the head of household.

As it is now, a plus sign appears after the group of questions and the user can keep hitting the plus sign as many times as he/she would like. I’d like the questions to repeat up to the number of people in the household minus 1 (and for the responses up to that point to be mandatory).

Attached is the relevant part of our survey.

Any help would be really appreciated. I’ve been researching this and it seems like there are a lot of questions on how to do this but no clear answers.

Thanks!

Kathy

Phase 3 + ID_survey form v2_FOR DISCUSSION.xls (33 KB)

Hey Kathy

Just use in repeat_count column this: int(${Non_HOH_Members}) and this will solve your problem.

···

On Tuesday, 7 February 2017 23:00:07 UTC+2, Kathy wrote:

I’m having trouble getting a group of questions to repeat a certain number of times as determined by an earlier question. Specifically, i’d like the group of questions to repeat according to the total number of people in the household (input earlier) MINUS the head of household.

As it is now, a plus sign appears after the group of questions and the user can keep hitting the plus sign as many times as he/she would like. I’d like the questions to repeat up to the number of people in the household minus 1 (and for the responses up to that point to be mandatory).

Attached is the relevant part of our survey.

Any help would be really appreciated. I’ve been researching this and it seems like there are a lot of questions on how to do this but no clear answers.

Thanks!

Kathy