Replace the form in KoBo

Dear Kal_Lam,

one quick question, if i replace the form in KoBo then data collector need to delete the last version and get blank form again?*
Also if data collectors collect data with old version, can they submit it to the new version form to KoBo?

Welcome back to the community, @Hassani! You don’t need to delete the old form version. You could press the Get Blank Form to replace the existing form with a newly deployed version.

But also be sure that you have checked the Hide old form version, which is located on the Form management. The Form management is located under the Project settings. To learn more about the configuration, you could go through our support article that has been shared previously:

Thank you for always support!
only i didn’t get last part which you mention to (Checked the hide old form version).

another question
Also if data collectors collect data with old version, can they submit it to the new version form to KoBo?

Regarding your concerns:

I was referring to this in your Collect android app.

Yes, your team should be able to submit data to the server but the issue is that the information for the new questions will stay missing from their submissions (which could later be a problem for you to handle missing cases).

1 Like