Respondent permission/signature/confirmation

Hi,

We want to use KoBo to register beekeepers in an organic honey program. This will replace the paper forms that we currently use and add the GPS components, so all in all a good thing as the beekeepers are in very remote areas. Our field officer will travel to the remote area to register the beekeeper however for organic certification we need the registration and other forms to be signed by the beekeepers. These forms are audited by the certification body. Is there a function in KoBo where this, or similar, is possible? Or can anyone suggest a way to do this without paper forms involved at all? All I can think of at the moment is taking a photo of the beekeeper with the current day’s newspaper! Not exactly a great option.

Basically I need for the respondent to legally sign off on the form as true and correct and that to be recording in the form. Is this possible? Normal constraints of remote field work apply here (low literacy respondent, semi skilled data collector etc)

Thanks very much!
Alex

Hello Alexander,

Would it be an idea to have the beekeepers actually sign the paper forms and take a picture of the signed forms within Kobo collect? Another option could be to include an audio of the beekeeper stating its name, acceptance and date of enrollment within Kobo collect.

There are also good apps for scanning documents on Android in case you just want to avoid shipping papers forms from remote distance. See for example “Adobe scan”.

Honore

···

Le lundi 14 août 2017 14:59:02 UTC+1, Alexander Chetkovich a écrit :

Hi,

We want to use KoBo to register beekeepers in an organic honey program. This will replace the paper forms that we currently use and add the GPS components, so all in all a good thing as the beekeepers are in very remote areas. Our field officer will travel to the remote area to register the beekeeper however for organic certification we need the registration and other forms to be signed by the beekeepers. These forms are audited by the certification body. Is there a function in KoBo where this, or similar, is possible? Or can anyone suggest a way to do this without paper forms involved at all? All I can think of at the moment is taking a photo of the beekeeper with the current day’s newspaper! Not exactly a great option.

Basically I need for the respondent to legally sign off on the form as true and correct and that to be recording in the form. Is this possible? Normal constraints of remote field work apply here (low literacy respondent, semi skilled data collector etc)

Thanks very much!
Alex

Honore - I like it! Thanks. Couple of great options there. I think i’ll try both just for the fun of it. Our audits will be amazed with the audio fine I think. And shipping docs from the field is a problem for sure. That’s one of the big attraction of Kobo. But shouldn’t be too hard to get a photo/scan of the forms. Thanks!

···

On Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 2:03:46 AM UTC+3, Samadori Honoré Biaou wrote:

Hello Alexander,

Would it be an idea to have the beekeepers actually sign the paper forms and take a picture of the signed forms within Kobo collect? Another option could be to include an audio of the beekeeper stating its name, acceptance and date of enrollment within Kobo collect.

There are also good apps for scanning documents on Android in case you just want to avoid shipping papers forms from remote distance. See for example “Adobe scan”.

Honore

Hi,

Thanks very much!
Alex

Morning,

Take a look at this thread on how to capture a signature using ODK collect:

https://forum.opendatakit.org/t/signature-in-odk-survey/5175

···

On 18 August 2017 at 23:46, ‘Alexander Chetkovich’ via Kobo Users kobo-...@googlegroups.com wrote:

Honore - I like it! Thanks. Couple of great options there. I think i’ll try both just for the fun of it. Our audits will be amazed with the audio fine I think. And shipping docs from the field is a problem for sure. That’s one of the big attraction of Kobo. But shouldn’t be too hard to get a photo/scan of the forms. Thanks!

On Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 2:03:46 AM UTC+3, Samadori Honoré Biaou wrote:

Hello Alexander,

Honore

Hi,

Thanks very much!
Alex

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Best and Regards

Ronald Munjoma

+263 775 625 283

Ronald Munjoma