Restricts survey participants to be able to submit a single entry from a computer

Dear colleagues,

I have created an online form asking participants for their inputs. I have selected the option to allow single submission from the participants. However, when tested, on the same computer, when I change the browser, I am still able to submit another record from a different browser. I would like to know if there is a way to enable single submission from the same computer - if anyone uses different browsers, he should still not be able?
Thank you

Hi @danishjownaqibullah
You should be able to do this using Online-Only (single submission): This allows a single submission and can be paired with the ‘return_url’ parameter (explained below) to redirect the user to a URL of your choice after the form has been submitted.

Regards,
Stephane

1 Like

@stephanealoo,

Thank you for your response. This only works on the same browser, but when I change the browser, I am still able to do another submission.

Hi @danishjownaqibullah
Kindly note that when you are on a different browser, you are essentially a different user. So, what you are asking is whether the survey can limit only one response from one person regardless of the computer or browser of their choicer. The answer to that would be a no.

Regards,
Stephane

2 Likes

@stephanealoo,

Thank you and I really appreciate your response.
Yes, that is what I wanted.
So the option of a single submission is meaningless -as if someone wants can submit multiple entries using different browsers and this will increase the biases in the responses.

1 Like

When you find a conniving :slight_smile: user, then they would try to beat your intended restriction

1 Like

@stephanealoo :slight_smile:

Hello
@stephanealoo
Any idea how to identify/find such a duplicate on server level? deviceid?:policeman:

I guess you need to enable “Require authentication to see forms and submit data” to have better control as you can see the usernames.

1 Like

Hi @wroos

Device ID would be an approach, however when you think about it, if someone is hellbent on bending the system, they would simply use a different device.

So in essence, you could work on a non-system based workaround such randomized numbers that they can feed to a specific question, you can then use this question as a means of verifying duplicate entries. The only limitation would be that this approach would only work if you are mailing every recipient their unique ID (through mail merge)

Stephane

1 Like