Serious Errors in my Data

Please, Kal, imported my dataset to SPSS using appropriate procedure but still errors in in all my variables. Please, find attached errors received for almost all the variables. I used kobotoolbox for the data collection.

Warning # 4461 in column 2. Text: start
An unknown variable name was specified on the VAR LABELS command. The name
and the label will be ignored.
/username ‘username’

Warning # 4461 in column 3. Text: username

/deviceid ‘deviceid’

Warning # 4461 in column 3. Text: deviceid
/phonenumber ‘phonenumber’

Warning # 4461 in column 3. Text: phonenumber
/_INTRODUCTION_INFORM_CONSENT ‘INTRODUCTION & INFORM CONSENT

@modibbobgk, I would advise you to verify your variable name by downloading your data in the XLS (legacy) format to see if they match the SPSS variable names. If and incase they do not match, maybe you will slightly need to modify (amend) the variable names in the SPSS syntax files. This should solve your issue.

It seems that you did not include all variables in the XLS export setting. So, either you need to include them (best use default = all, do not select) or to delete them manually in the SPSS labels file (.sps).

Probably, you also need to adapt some Kobo names in the SPSS labels file and in the data export to comply to the naming rules of SPSS, e.g. no leading _. This is relevant for most Kobo meta variables and for all single items of select_multiple. (SPSS might do some naming corrections during data export, but they will then not fit to the variable or choice names in the SPSS labels file.)

Almost ever, the .spss labels file from Kobo needs manual adaptions to fit for SPSS import.

I think it is preferable to use the normal XLS data export (not the legacy version).

You can find more hints concerning SPSS import using the search function of this forum, e.g. Problem to import data in SPSS - #2 by wroos.

Still I am receiving errors in the SPSS. Please, Mr. Kal if you can assist me, I can share the data files with privately.

Kind regards