Sharing view permissions not saving

Description

When I check ‘View submissions only from specific users’, enter the username, and click Update Permissions, the permission is not saved. This only occurs on the View permission (i.e. edit, validate, and delete work fine). Therefore the user is unable to see any of their data,

Steps to Reproduce

1. Check ‘View submissions only from specific users’
  2. Enter username
  3. Update permissions
  4. Refresh the page
  5. The permission is not updated (checkbox is unchecked)

Welcome back to the community, @gstoyle! Could you also let us know the server you are using?

Thanks for the reply.

I am using kf.kobotoolbox.org.

@gstoyle, what is the total number of users you manage for that project (which is not working as expected)?

The project is currently shared with 12 users.

@gstoyle, 12 users should not be an issue. Could you kindly unshare the project and share it with the user again to see if that works? Sometimes, unsharing and resharing solve the problem.

I have already done this multiple times.

Any news on this?

The problem is now affecting all our users who are unable to view their submissions! It’s causing us some problems.

I pay for the Pro plan and it specifies ‘Direct User Support’. What does this mean exactly and how do I get it? So far it’s been 5 days and the problem has not been resolved.

Hi, please can you let me know what ‘Direct User Support’ means for those with a Pro subscription to Kobo? This was one of the main incentives for paying for this platform but I posted an issue 7 days ago which is now being ignored. The issue is causing us some big problems.

This is not the first time I’ve had an issue which gets an initial response from support and then just gets ignored/forgotten.

@gstoyle, could you provide me the following through a private message? Maybe I could have a closer look at your case.

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server

You should be able to send me a private message as outlined in the post discussed previously:

@gstoyle, apologies for the delayed response. You are facing this issue because the KoboToolbox user account r**** is registered under the EU server while the user account r****_m** is registered under the Global server.

Please be informed that sharing projects among user accounts is only possible if both accounts are registered under the same server (i.e., both accounts should be under the Global Server or the EU Server). It’s not possible to share a project from the Global Server to the EU Server or from the EU Server or the Global Server.

I am not using, and have never used the EU server - I can’t even login to that server…

I have been sharing projects with multiple users since 2022 - this problem only started about 2-3 weeks ago.

Thank you for providing the details. We will investigate and get back to you regarding your case. But at the moment it seems to be a bug.