Starting KOBO form with predefined Value from external source

Dears
I am using KOBO a lot and I am using REST services to submit data to my database, but what I need is to start KOBO form by setting a value of input with an Id value that could come from other systems, for example, I have to submit data by KOBO but I have to get the ID from other system and load it by default (or pass it through KOBO form URL)
Is there a way to do that?
Thanks
Kosay

Welcome to the community, @kosayalassaf! Could you also share with the community the flow of what you intend to do so that the community should also be able to help you out if it’s possible through KoboToolbox?

BTW, have you also tried this with other platforms previously? If yes, could you also outline the steps, please? Sharing the approach should also help trigger ideas with KoboToolbox.

Dears
Many thanks for your reply
for example, I have created this form
Test Using Predefined Value (kobotoolbox.org)

what I need is to start this form by setting the Input of Employee ID from our in-house system then let the user complete the form

after that I could use rest API to submit data to our system based on this user ID

Many thanks in advanced
Kosay

@kosayalassaf, you should be able to do this via 2 approaches in KoboToolbox.

Approach 1: Using the Dynamic Data Attachment feature. For details, you should be able to learn more about the same through this article:

Approach 2: You could also use the pull data function as outlined in the support article Pull Data Functionality in KoboToolbox.