Time question rolls back one hour every time you edit

Hello all,

We have a problem with a survey that’s in the field right now. We are using a basic time question. When you save the form and return to it to edit, the hour rolls back by one hour. If you exit (save) and edit again, it rolls back in time again. I’ve tested this on two different devices on different time zones (in different countries), and I get the same answer.

Any ideas of what may be going on? Happy to send more details. I am attaching the form - the question is highlighted.

Many thanks for your help!

Gabriel

fp_live_v2_2_time_problem.xls (97.5 KB)

Hi Gabriel,

Unfortunately this is a known bug in ODK Collect, on which KoBoCollect is based. We’re hoping this will be fixed soon but don’t have an estimate yet on when this will be resolved. This is independent of time zone settings or the device you’re using. This will be fixed in a future release of the app but for now you will unfortunately manually adjust time questions when you edit forms. You can track the issue here.

Best,

Tino

···

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 9:57 PM, Gabriel Kreindler gabriel....@gmail.com wrote:

Hello all,

We have a problem with a survey that’s in the field right now. We are using a basic time question. When you save the form and return to it to edit, the hour rolls back by one hour. If you exit (save) and edit again, it rolls back in time again. I’ve tested this on two different devices on different time zones (in different countries), and I get the same answer.

Any ideas of what may be going on? Happy to send more details. I am attaching the form - the question is highlighted.

Many thanks for your help!

Gabriel

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.