Transfer the Project Ownership

Hello,
We have a project created with an email account that will be deleted in the future and the person who created that in Kobo want to give another one the ownership of the project without creating another one or interrupting the data collection. How can we do that?

Hello community, I’d like to also bump this question since I’m wondering the same thing. Any help would be appreciated!

Hi @mlaguna10,

Welcome to the community! You could change the ownership of the user account by following the instructions as outlined in the image below:

• Click the area where you usually log-out from your user account (instructed as 1 in the image below). Then press ACCOUNT SETTINGS (instructed as 2 in the image below).
    Image 0

• Change the Email id with a new one (instructed as 3 in the image below) and also press MODIFY PASSWORD to change the password of the user account (instructed as 4 in the image below).

Having done this, you should be able to change the ownership of the KoBoToolbox user account.

Have a great day!

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for this quick help!

2 Likes

Hello @Kal_Lam what happens if the email that I assign for the change already has a KoBo account??

I’m leaving the organization, and I would like to transfer the ownership of the projects to the colleague that works with me, since my e-mail will be deleted in a few weeks. He already has access and manages some of the forms, but we’re afraid that once my email is gone all the records will be gone too.

Is there something we can do?
Thank you in advance!

@analucia_espinoza, when are you leaving the organization? Asking as this feature is very close to be live. It’s under the internal testing phase and should be live very soon. Maybe on the next release (if everything goes smooth).

I already left, I changed to my personal email but is not supposed to be that way. When do you think this feature will be available?

Thank you in advance

The topic of this thread relates to change in ownership of a project. The suggestion relates to change in ownership of a user account. We share @analucia_espinoza issue. looking forward to this functionality.