trying to convert the installation to run based on hostname

I had my test machine running with ip address hard coded in all the configs. Now I would like to change this to run based on a host name instead of an ip. But after changing I cannot access the enter data in browser page anymore.
All it does is say : Enketo error: enketo replied Bad Request. Server URL is not a valid URL.

The strange thing is changing it back to IP adress fixes this.

I can access the preview and form builder without any problems.

I am running the latest kobotoolbox and enketo express branch

Hello, did you found a fix for this? I’m trying to connect the Enketo express to a ODK server and i’m having the same error, I think is the hostname .

David

···

El martes, 17 de marzo de 2015, 8:12:10 (UTC-6), KGK escribió:

I had my test machine running with ip address hard coded in all the configs. Now I would like to change this to run based on a host name instead of an ip. But after changing I cannot access the enter data in browser page anymore.
All it does is say : Enketo error: enketo replied Bad Request. Server URL is not a valid URL.

Did you maybe omit the protocol for the URL? AFAIK you have to provide it.

You can just run the function that checks if the URL is valid yourself, just open a console (e.g. CTRL+Shift+j in Chrome) and paste this code:

function isValidUrl( url ) {
var validUrl = /^(https?://)(([\da-z.-]+).([a-z.]{2,6})|(([0-9]{1,3}.){3}[0-9]{1,3})|localhost)(:(102[4-9]|10[3-9][0-9]|1[1-9][0-9]{2}|[2-9][0-9]{3}|[1-4][0-8]{4}|490[0-9]{2}|491[0-4][0-9]|4915[0-1]))?([/\w .-])/?[/\w .-=&?]*$/;
return validUrl.test( url );
}

Then you can call isValidUrl(“your-domain”) and it will print either “true” or “false”. That should tell you if the problem is maybe that Enketo rejects the domain as invalid.

Best Regards,

Jesaja Everling

···

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 12:01 AM, David Piedra david....@gmail.com wrote:

Hello, did you found a fix for this? I’m trying to connect the Enketo express to a ODK server and i’m having the same error, I think is the hostname .

David

El martes, 17 de marzo de 2015, 8:12:10 (UTC-6), KGK escribió:

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.