Unable to delete projects

I have multiple old projects with data and those need to be deleted. When I try to do that I got error
{“detail”:“Unexpected KoBoCAT error 404: {“detail”:“Not found.”}”}

When trying to do this from legacy interface, the 500 error is given (and not all of the projects are visible).

Any hints howto get those projects deleted?

Hi @mikavilpo,

Welcome to the community! Could you provide us your user name and projects list that should be deleted in a private message. We would like to check it out for you from our end!

GOOD DAY!

1 Like

Hi @mikavilpo,

Are you receiving the following error message when trying to delete your project from your KoBoToolbox account?

GOOD DAY!

Yes, that is the error that I’m getting.

Hi @mikavilpo,

Please be informed that the developers are looking into the issue.

GOOD DAY!

1 Like

Hi @mikavilpo,

Please be updated that the developers are still working on the issue that you have raised and have found out the reason that is causing the same. For details you could follow the same in the link provided below:

Thank you for flagging this out through the forum!

GOOD DAY!

Hi,
Tried to get to the flowdock and was not able to :frowning: Is there some progress on this? I noticed that projects that were non deployable are now working, but trying to delete projects mentioned earlier is still not possible.

Hi @mikavilpo, this issue has been fixed in the code recently but is still waiting to be deployed to the server. If you scroll down on the Github issue #2497 @Kal_Lam linked to you can see the pull request that implemented the changes. The reason this is held up is because of a large database migration that was necessary in order to upgrade our main application (kpi) to Python 3. Once this is completed on both public servers we will deploy this and several other recent upgrades and features that had to wait for this to complete.

2 Likes

Patient not used _ KoboToolbox-000031

New installation. I can edit the form, but not delete it.

This is only a playground application, send me an email and I give you access to test.

Hi @dmenne,

Which server are you using, which has this issue? If it’s OCHA or HHI, could you provide me the following through a private message so that I could have a closer look at my end see what’s bothering you.

Have a great day!

Hi @dmenne,

Kindly please be informed that the project you requested to delete has been deleted. You see the error message Unable to delete asset! when you have added a rest service to your project. The solution to such issues is:

• Remove the rest service that you have added to your project.
  • Then delete the survey project.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi @mikavilpo,

A gentle followup if you are still facing the issue. If yes, kindly please follow the instructions provided above. It should solve your issue.

if you are still not able to solve the issue at your end, kindly please reach out to us.

Have a great day!

Thanks, and sorry I had not noted the existence of a REST-Service. I knew that this was the cause from one of the threads here.

1 Like