Unable to deploy - error line 2 column 1 (char 1)

Hi,

I have been working directly on the platform as well as through Excel to build a questionnaire. It was fine until today when I found out it cannot be deployed anymore.

As said in the title, this happens :

Can anyone help? How can I find and fix this error?

Thank you in advance,

Hi @jricher,

Welcome to the community! Would you mind sharing with us the following (through a private message) so that we could have a closer look of your issue at our end:

• Username
  • Server (OCHA or HHI)
  • Project name

Have a great day!

Hi @jricher,

Went through your xlsform and could see the following errors in it:

1. In your survey tab, you had used English (1) as outlined in the image below:
    Image 1
    changed it to English as outlined in the image below:
    Image 1.1

2. In the choices tab, you had used English (1) as outlined in the image below:
    Image 2
    Image 1.2

3. In the settings tab, you had used English (1) as outlined in the image below:
    Image 3
    Image 1.3

4. Most importantly in your survey tab, you had made a typo error .<={age1} in the constraint column as outlined in the image below:

fixed it to .<=${age1} as outlined in the image below:

Have shared the corrected xlsform in the private message.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Thank you very much !
I greatly appreciate your help and this community. I will probably be posting other questions in the forum since you are so reactive !!

2 Likes

Hi @Kal_Lam I am also getting the same error message. I went to https://getodk.org/xlsform/ and am not getting any error messages there. I am able to preview my form in Kobo, but can’t seem to be able to deploy. Would appreciate your help!

1 Like

Found my error :slight_smile: I was missing a $.

2 Likes

Hi @SNB,

Thank you for posting your solution to the issue that you had found out initially. Expecting the same in the upcoming days.

Have a great day!

1 Like