Unable to download image

Dear all,

I am unable to download image from the server. I am consistently getting FAILED TO DOWNLOAD message.

Please advice how to download these images?

Thanks,

Hi all,

We are facing the same problem too. We tried to download images from the surveys, and it showed “Failed- Server problem”. It used to be fine but we just found out recently, we aren’t able to download images anymore.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Many thanks,

Hi @GFuser,

Welcome back to the community! Would you mind letting us know the server you are using (OCHA or HHI).

Have a great day!

Hi! Thank you!
I believe we are using HHI.

Hi @GFuser,

Would you mind providing me with the following information in a private message so that i could have a closer look at my end:

• User name
  • Project name

Have a great day!

Hi @GFuser
When you say download images, what is the process you are using to download from the HHI server. Could you also confirm that in addition to the details requested by @Kal_Lam

Stephane

Hi! Thanks, I will send you a private message now.

1 Like

So I went to Data > table view > Click on edit one of the survey (which will give me the view of the entire survey) > click download icon from one of the image we collected.
And it showed Failed - server error.

I’ve tested with all different projects and different photos, they all showed the same which didn’t happen before.

Thank you!

Hi @GFuser,

Looking at your issue i see that you have a large media file (approximately 911 MB) as of 2020/4/8. This maybe one of the reason that you are seeing the error message (Failed Server problem) while trying to download the same. Besides, the internet connectivity may also affect your downloading.

Kindly please be informed that i tried downloading (at my end) and was able to download your media attachment. But it took a lot of time (approximately 15 minutes).

Image 1: Download (Setting)

Image 2: Downloaded Media File

This is to confirm that the issue you are facing is not a system error. Try downloading at your end and you should be able to download the same.

Would also advise you to try out the following support article Downloading photos and other media which should help you with a way out to download large media files.

Have a great day!

Hi,

Thank you so much for testing, but what you’ve tried is not the problem we have. I will send you a private message with screenshots for your reference.

Many thanks

Hi @GFuser,

I tried it both the way and it is works for me (i.e. i am able to download the image). Would you mind trying it as outlined below:

Method 1:

• Go to DATA>Table.
  • Select the form by pressing the eye like OPEN icon.
  • Select the photo. Right click the photo and then press Save image as ….
  • Select a desired location.

Method 2:

• Go to DATA>Table.
  • Select the form by pressing the pen like EDIT icon.
  • Select the photo. Right click the photo and then press Save image as … or press the download icon that is located at the right end corner of the question.
  • Select a desired location.

Kindly please note that it works for me and should work for you too. If it does not work, please try clearing the cache of your browser (or simply try switching your browser to a different one) and retry it again.

Have a great day!

Hi,

Thank you for the clear instructions! The only issue we have is to download image from the “download icon”. We still can’t download images from there and the browser we use is Chrome.
I’ve tried to use Incogonito and it doesn’t work. I’ve tried Safari, it works. Maybe the problem is with Chrome?

Have a great day too!

Many thanks,

1 Like

Hi @GFuser,

Glad to know that if finally worked after changing the browser. Maybe you could uninstall your existing Chrome browser and reinstall. Hope it works!

Have a great day!