Unable to upload finished Kobo Forms (error: generic exception: Error: (502)

Hi there!
One of my team members who is on the field, using Kobo, has just recently encountered the following problem with uploading finalised Kobo forms onto the server:

To verify whether the problem was only on his side, I uploaded a test form and I came across a similar problem. The only difference was the ‘Error Message’. My team member’s error was Error (404), while mine was Error (502).

Before, we had no problems with uploading finalised forms.
Steps we have undertaken since I left from the field:

• Team member lost his password and changed to a new account --> I granted access but couldn’t afterwards upload new finalised forms.

Thanks in Advance,
Thibaut

Hi @thibautvdv,

Welcome to the community! Have you gone through the support article Troubleshooting KoBoCollect Android Application? Maybe it should help you sort out the issue.

Please let us know if the same did/did not solve the issue.

GOOD DAY!

Dear @Kal_Lam,

Thank you for you reply! I’ve looked into the link you’ve forwarded me, but unfortunately, our Error Message is still a different one from the solutions presented on that page.

Hopefully, you can help me further with our issue!
Kind regards,

Thibaut

Hi @thibautvdv,

Could you provide me your user name, project name and the server (OCHA or HHI) you are using so that we could have a look at our end.

GOOD DAY!

Hi @Kal_Lam,

Sorry for the late reply!
Do I provide you this information through this medium, or do I sent you a private mail with this kind of information?

Kind regards,
Thibaut

Hi @thibautvdv,

Kindly please provide me the information through a private message.

HAVE a GREAT DAY!

Hi @Kal_Lam,

I just found out that I cannot send you a private message through KoboToolbox Forum.

Hi @thibautvdv,

Kindly please be informed that i was able to submit 2 dummy forms (one through your account and one through my account, i.e. sharing the survey form to my account and then filling it through my user name) form KoBoCollect android app to your server as shown in the image below:

Thus seems like the issue is with the KoBoCollect android app you have shared with your colleagues. As i could also see that you had shared the survey form to 4 other users.

Kindly please ensure that the KoBoCollect android app configuration they have set is OK.

Please note: I have deleted both the records that i had submitted.

HAVE a GREAT DAY!

Dear @Kal_Lam

I am sorry for the late response, I was temporarily unavalable due to the festivities.

Thank you for you effort to find a solution to my problem. I forwarded the information to my colleagues so that they can look into it.

Kind regards,
Thibaut

2 Likes

Hi @thibautvdv
Did you manage to resolve the issue with your colleagues? If not could you indicate whether all of them are still facing the problem and provide a screenshot of what you are seeing?
Stephane

Hi @Kal_Lam and @stephanealoo was this error resolved? My guys in the field are receiving the same error.
Alex.

@AlexRutto77, could you share with us a brief detail of your issue so that we could have a closer look at it.