"Unexpected KoBoCAT error 400: b’{“detail”:“ODK Validate Errors:\n>> XForm is invalid."

Hi, the issue relates to a form I created on KoboToolbox for a project.

We’ve been using the form mostly without problem for the last two years or so. This last week I went to add a new user to the list of possible users. When I try to redeploy the form, I am faced with the below error message:

“Unexpected KoBoCAT error 400: b’{“detail”:“ODK Validate Errors:\n>> XForm is invalid. See above for the errors.\n: Invalid XPath in value set action declaration: ‘Face-to-face meetings - 0; Telephone calls - 0; Emails/Letters - 0; Workshops - 0; Radio - 0; Social Media - 0; Other - 0’\n Problem found at nodeset: ${model}[@xforms-version=1.0.0]/setvalue\n With element \n\n\nThe following files failed validation:\n${tmp53u5_59u}\n\nResult: Invalid”}'x”

Would anyone be able to understand what exactly requires amendment? The question / possible answers in reference have not at all changed, and so it would be useful to understand what the issue is, and how it can be resolved.

Many thanks for your help!

Otto

Welcome to the community, @Otto! Would you mind validating your XLSForm through this online validator to see if you should be able to find any syntax issues present within your XLSForm?

Hello Kal, and thanks for the response. Here is the response I received?

"Error: ODK Validate Errors:

XForm is invalid. See above for the errors.
: Invalid XPath in value set action declaration: ‘Face-to-face meetings - 0; Telephone calls - 0; Emails/Letters - 0; Workshops - 0; Radio - 0; Social Media - 0; Other - 0’
Problem found at nodeset: ${model}[@xforms-version=1.0.0]/setvalue
With element

The following files failed validation:
${ajQ3uC9hHLpBfeJPYsKhB5}.xml

Result: Invalid"

Happy to share the form if that helps.

Are you able to interpret the above?
Thanks!
Otto

@Otto, maybe it is not time that you share your XLSForm with the community. The community should be able to help you out.