Unique Case ID

Feature name: Unique case ID
Deadline: Not defined
General goal: To allow data collectors/respondents fill in data only once (without repetition) from respondents provided with unique IDs
Example use cases: An example of application that has unique ID features is CS-Pro

Is this possible?

@DJAA, maybe this post discussed previously should be helpful:

But please note that this only works at the enumerators level.

1 Like

Can i use last ID to compare it with the current ID so that I can create a constraint message if the last ID equal to the current ID I can get the message saying that the ID have been given suppose that I have a string IDs like (eg: 13-KG-33)

Can i use last ID to compare it with the current ID so that I can create a constraint message if the last ID equal to the current ID I can get the message saying that the ID have been given suppose that I have a string IDs like (eg: 13-KG-33)
Briefly, I want to inform enumerator that he/she entered the same IDs for the last case to the current case

@DJAA, maybe you will first need to have an understanding of the last-saved function. Maybe you could go through this document for better understanding. It only brings back the value that was stored in the variable.

If you follow the post shared above it has a small expression added to the function that automatically increases the value (while trying to collect the record for the next form). Hence, you should not need any constraints to check if the information recorded in the previous form is the same for the current form.

Good,
I am also asking myself if kobo can use the function text to generate number starting by zero. for example in excel we generate this value 001 by using text(A2,β€œ000”). can I generate this number from kobo?.

Thank you!

I mean something like this text(${x},β€œ000”) in calculation column

Can you support me to create this number(0001,0052,1000, etc…) if it is possible just like what this function does in excel. text(${x},β€œ000”) ??