Using Kobo for online self completion surveys

Hi guys, I’m new to the Kobo survey tool and would appreciate some guidance.

Is it possible to use the Kobo application for conducting online, self-completion type surveys whereby a specific survey link (URL) is emailed to a prospective respondent who can then click on the link to be taken directly to the survey?

Regards

Brad

HI Brad,

It is possible to publish the survey for online completion in a browser. Once your form is published, you can obtain a url associated with the form. Click on “how to collect data with mobile device” and you will see the url under “Collect Data on Any Device in Your Browser”.

However, at this time, I don’t believe it is possible to create urls that is unique for each recipient and would prevent using the same urls multiple time.

Hope this helps,

Patrick

···

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 7:24 AM, Brad Aigner br...@fgi.co.za wrote:

Hi guys, I’m new to the Kobo survey tool and would appreciate some guidance.

Is it possible to use the Kobo application for conducting online, self-completion type surveys whereby a specific survey link (URL) is emailed to a prospective respondent who can then click on the link to be taken directly to the survey?

Regards

Brad

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi, I would also like to deploy a survey by email with unique URLs for each recipient. Has there been any update to make this possible?
Thanks,
Tara

Hi @tara.russell.jhu,

Welcome to the community! You could do the same by ensuring data collection mode to Online-Only (single submission) under the FORM as shown in the image below:

Once this is done select COPY and then share the URL to the respondents via mail or any other social media.

GOOD DAY!

1 Like

Hi @Kal_Lam, thank you!! that is an excellent feature, I didn’t know it!

Thank you so much for your help,
Best regards!
Silvana

2 Likes