Validate permissions greyed out

I want to add validate permissions to a user in my project and that check box is greyed out, along with the ‘edit and delete’ checkbox. How do I assign this survey manager the ability to edit and validate data entered by his team of enumerators, and only his team.

Hi @bobbowen,

Simply click the mouse to its periphery and the GRANT PERMISSIONS button should be activated.

Have a great day!

this is what i see:

It does not change clicking the mouse anywhere in that area

Hi @bobbowen,

Would you mind trying out the following as instructed below with the aid of an image:

• Type the user name as pointed 1 in the image.
  • Type the same user name as pointed 2 in the image.
  • Press GRANT PERMISSIONS (3).
  • If you wish to add another user (for the same survey project) repeat the steps outlined above.

Please let us know if it worked out for you.

Have a great day!

OK, that does not work.

As soon as I add a user in part 2 above the 2 boxes for ‘edit and delete submissions’ and ‘validate submissions’ becomes greyed out and can not be selected. conversely, if i pre-select ‘validate submissions’ without selecting ‘view submissions only from specific users’ and can no longer select ‘view submissions only from specific users’ as it becomes greyed out.

I want to setup a user as a ‘supervisor’ for a group of enumerators so the supervisor can validate their submissions and only their submissions.

Hi @bobbowen,

Sorry to let you know that this KoBoToolbox does not support this feature at the moment. Would you mind dropping a new feature request here.

Have a great day!

1 Like

I submitted it as a feature request

1 Like

I have the same issue (not possible to allow validation of only own data) and wonder whether the feature request hasn’t been addressed since then?

Hi @york_rff,

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your issue.

If “validate” is chosen, “only for certain users” is greyed out – or the other way round.

Hi @york_rff,

Kindly please be informed that validate submissions at the moment is not supported with row-level-permissions. However, it’s a work in progress feature. Maybe you could follow the same here: