What is the "kuid"?

Hei guys,

I am new to this forum, so let me introduce myself first. My name is Samuel Renggli, I am a researcher at Eawag, the Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology in Switzerland. I am working wiht Kobo for half a year now, but new questions are still arising.

Question:

When looking at the xls code of a kobo template there is a column called “kuid”. Does anybody know what it means and does?

Thanks for your answers!

Cheers,

Sam

Hi Sam,
‘kuid’ stands for KoBo unique identifier, which is a unique code added to each question when building forms in the formbuilder. This helps the tool keep track of questions as both the column name and labels can of course change while editing the form. When exporting to XLS it’s not necessary to keep these IDs in place or add new ones for additional questions as they will be regenerated upon reimporting the form again.

Best,

Tino

···

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 9:12 AM, Samuel Renggli samuelr...@gmail.com wrote:

Hei guys,

I am new to this forum, so let me introduce myself first. My name is Samuel Renggli, I am a researcher at Eawag, the Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology in Switzerland. I am working wiht Kobo for half a year now, but new questions are still arising.

Question:

When looking at the xls code of a kobo template there is a column called “kuid”. Does anybody know what it means and does?

Thanks for your answers!

Cheers,

Sam

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer Tino!

···

Am Donnerstag, 23. Juni 2016 15:12:44 UTC+2 schrieb Samuel Renggli:

Hei guys,

Question:

Thanks for your answers!

Cheers,

Sam