XML as requested

Please find the XML as requested. I have made some changes,but the vehicle log old is the one i send to Neil. The other is just my attempt to make it better.
Regards

Vehicle log new.xml (4.21 KB)

Vehicle log old.xml (5.56 KB)

OK, Jaques. Thanks for posting, let me take a look at this…

☞§※☼:airplane::open_umbrella::slight_smile:

~Neil

Jacques,

I see you are trying to use instance nodes named “Start” and “End” to record the odometer for the trip. These are reserved fields as the KoBo system uses them to record the start and end time of the survey, and to generate a unique ID for each record, partly based on time.

Did you say that you originally made this in PurC forms? We might be running aground here because of a naming conflict.

You mentioned your output instances contained some weird or empty data. Can you forward me an output instance?

~Neil

···

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 7:54 AM, Jacques Bayman bergi...@gmail.com wrote:

Please find the XML as requested. I have made some changes,but the vehicle log old is the one i send to Neil. The other is just my attempt to make it better.

Regards

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to kobo-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users?hl=en.

Yes, the original was made in purcforms. I was unaware that "start"
and "end" was/is reserved.

I refered to posting an output to Google groups that came out weird
and unformatted. The forms itself seemed to output fairly randomly
when I run it through the postprocessor. I.e. colums are not in the
order I created them. Sending to Aggregate it looks like things came
out in the correct order.

Regards

···

On Oct 26, 5:12 pm, Neil Hendrick <Neil.H...@kobotoolbox.org> wrote:

Jacques,

I see you are trying to use instance nodes named "Start" and "End" to record
the odometer for the trip. These are reserved fields as the KoBo system uses
them to record the start and end time of the survey, and to generate a
unique ID for each record, partly based on time.
Did you say that you originally made this in PurC forms? We might be running
aground here because of a naming conflict.
You mentioned your output instances contained some weird or empty data. Can
you forward me an output instance?

~Neil

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 7:54 AM, Jacques Bayman <bergi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Please find the XML as requested. I have made some changes,but the vehicle
> log old is the one i send to Neil. The other is just my attempt to make it
> better.
> Regards

> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Kobo Users" group.
> To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to kobo-users+unsubscribe@**
> googlegroups.com <kobo-users%2...@googlegroups.com>.
> For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/**
> group/kobo-users?hl=en <http://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users?hl=en>.

Yes, Purc doesn’t reserve those, so it’s understandable if you started there. Every survey made in KoBoForm has a few such reserved fields. Create a new blank form and you will see what is included.

Using KoBoSync has this quirk that it will output the CSV fields in an opportunistic order, which means that it just tries to output quickly and safely and that means that the order is not preserved. The next version of the application we will try to have this output in the order they appear in your survey, if it can be done without sacrificing accuracy.

In the meantime, there is a workaround.

  1. Open your CSV in Excel.
  2. Copy All.
  3. Create a new sheet in the spreadsheet.
  4. Paste Special with Transpose selected. Transpose will cause the Rows and Columns to switch.
  5. Sort all data alphabetically, this will cause your data to be sorted in the order they were created, if you follow the “A01, A02, A03, B01, B02, B03…” convention.
  6. Copy All.
  7. Create a new sheet in the spreadsheet.
  8. Paste Special with Transpose selected. Transpose will cause the Rows and Columns to switch.
    Now your CSV has alphabetically sorted columns, making it easier to read.

~Neil

···

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 6:51 AM, Bergie bergi...@gmail.com wrote:

Yes, the original was made in purcforms. I was unaware that “start”

and “end” was/is reserved.

I refered to posting an output to Google groups that came out weird

and unformatted. The forms itself seemed to output fairly randomly

when I run it through the postprocessor. I.e. colums are not in the

order I created them. Sending to Aggregate it looks like things came

out in the correct order.

Regards

On Oct 26, 5:12 pm, Neil Hendrick Neil.H...@kobotoolbox.org > > wrote:

Jacques,

I see you are trying to use instance nodes named “Start” and “End” to record

the odometer for the trip. These are reserved fields as the KoBo system uses

them to record the start and end time of the survey, and to generate a

unique ID for each record, partly based on time.

Did you say that you originally made this in PurC forms? We might be running

aground here because of a naming conflict.

You mentioned your output instances contained some weird or empty data. Can

you forward me an output instance?

~Neil

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 7:54 AM, Jacques Bayman bergi...@gmail.comwrote:

Please find the XML as requested. I have made some changes,but the vehicle

log old is the one i send to Neil. The other is just my attempt to make it

better.

Regards

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups

“Kobo Users” group.

To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to kobo-users+unsubscribe@**

googlegroups.com kobo-users%2...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/**

group/kobo-users?hl=en <http://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users?hl=en>.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to kobo-users+...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users?hl=en.